Events at QT Games Forums

This is the spot to find the latest NEWS on QT Games and about opportunities to get involved. For specific news on Toonaria or Epic Destinies, check out the Insider's Forum!

Events at QT Games Forums

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:19 pm

I'll be running a new Play-by-Post (PbP) playtest game for Cosmothea Lite RPG, a variant of our Cosmothea RPG, starting up soon. The adventure is called Against The Wall. More info here (and in previous posts on the recruitment thread where it reveals more on the adventure's theme).

We can only take around 5 players, so seats are limited. Looking for a good time in gaming? Join us and let's have a blast together exploring the Cosmoverse!

Post in the Recruitment thread or PM me (or email me if you aren't logged in) with interest so I can save you a spot!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Re: Events at QT Games Forums

Unread postby Grex Doldeen » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:36 pm

Wish I could play. My work and family schedule won't allow. I'm not playing any games at the moment. :o Yeah, it's making me climb the walls.

I would like to hear more about how your Cosmothea roleplaying game is coming along though.

From looking at the videos you put up on Youtube and poking around, it does seem quite cool. Best of luck with it, Bob!
Grex Doldeen

Re: Events at QT Games Forums

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:34 am

Hi Grex,

Thanks for your interest! Sorry to hear you're busy—if that changes, let me know and I'll do my best to get you in a game! As for the Cosmothea Blended-Genre Roleplaying Game, it is undergoing a major overhaul—our 5th ground up event to improve its mechanics, polish the options, etc. basically we're leaving no stones unturned as we deep analyze, revise, and polish.

That means we've (well, it's just me so far, though I hope to expand the team down the line) anyway, it means that every mechanic is being evaluated and either tweaked to make it work even better or replaced to maximize the gameplay and overall experience, fit the theme better, just plain work better.

A large number of concepts in 4.0 were spot on and were brought forward, but many game mechanics were altered across the board. All of the heavy lifting is done and I think we're sitting with a stronger game now. The problem is, the game's not finished (it takes nquite awhile to design every talent, spell, piece of gear, magic item, starship, etc. And while we aren't shooting for covering every base in huge detail right out of the gate—it's not my full-time job and costs a chunk of change to do all the art, editing, etc. - everything that goes into publishing (likely more than some realize) so it's going to take awhile to get even the core rulebook out the door. It's very doable, but I don't want to rush it. I want to do a great job on it.

In addition, as we don't have a huge fan base yet, Cosmothea is not on the top of the pile of work either. Currently, we're turning more heads with our fiction and Cosmoverse Campaign Setting, so those areas are our focus. We have board and card game designs too waiting for their turn at final revision and polish for publication, but as interest is generated for Cosmothea, I'll push it higher up on our priority list.

Right now, among other things, I'm working on putting together a Pre-Alpha Playtest pdf for those that would like to try out Cosmothea in our PlaybyPost games (we have a new PbP game coming soon, likely).

Yeah, we're pretty fond of the rpg and setting material. We've been playing some edition of Cosmothea for nearly as long as the Star Wars franchise has been around, but lacking sufficient funds, we've not got around to publishing until recently, focusing first on our setting fiction, then making our way around to other cool goodies in the studio.

I'm working like mad and should have 2 more books out this year and more goodies on the way! Thanks and I'm always open to questions. Cheers!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Return to Announcements