Open Call for a Game Designer

This is the spot to find the latest NEWS on QT Games and about opportunities to get involved. For specific news on Toonaria or Epic Destinies, check out the Insider's Forum!

Open Call for a Game Designer

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:46 pm

I just put up an ad today over at RPGNet for a game designer. I figure we need to get the ball rolling a little faster. Thought I'd put up the ad here as well, though many of you already know much of this ...

Yes, this is for pay. We don't have a huge budget, but we pay fast and contracts are negotiable.

What we are looking for is 1 more creative game designer with solid writing skills to join the design team on a freelance basis. A qualified team member can work on either a small project or a large one, as appropriate for their career focus and availability. Our current project is the Cosmothea RPG. This is a big project, including fantasy, science fiction and superhero rules plus detailed setting. We aren't starting from scratch - we are well on our way, but there's still plenty to do and money to be made here.

We are very serious about the product line, and as such, SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY, please. Thanks!

The right person for the job would be honest, reliable, talented (but not necessarily published), easy to get along with and able to get enthusiastic about a project. Please consider how busy you are. I've lost a few game designers this year that really wanted to work on the project, but when it came down to it, they just didn't have time to do anything significant. If this is you, please don't contact me until you feel confident that you are not trying to take on more than you can chew.

Please provide a sample showing your writing and game design skills. A resume is preferred, but final decisions will be made on the other criteria mentioned here. If the right game designer for the job can only take on small projects, we might consider a second game designer as well.

Re: QT Games website: There's not much up in the public areas (we're spending the bulk of our time making the game, not making lots of public pages - that will come later), but I can supply more details about the game and company upon request. (There's tons of details in a secure area of the site, including the rulebooks).

Interested in hearing more about QT Games or this exciting opportunity? Email: info at QT-Games.com (replace the "at" with "@") or post at the QT Games Forums here. Thanks!

Update: All positions have been filled. Perhaps we'll open this up again at some point. We're always looking for playtesters though and anyone wanting to brainstorm is always welcome!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Re: Open Call for a Game Designer

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:16 pm

Update: QT Games is opening the doors once again for a game designer. Strong writing skills, good, friendly communication and availability are very important. Interested? Please read the post above and contact me!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby m_wenman » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:27 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome...here and in other parts of the forum.

It's great to be a part of an enthusiastic team.
m_wenman

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:02 pm

Hi all,

Well, after considering our various needs and goals, I've decided to reopen the Open Call for a Game Designer. If you are serious about designing games, have a talent in that area, and an ongoing slot of time, and are looking to do professional freelance work in the gaming industry, contact me, and let's talk! Serious inquiries only, please! Thanks!

Bob
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:21 pm

Our Open Call for a Game Designer is still open, but I'm in talks with a few designers. If you want in, now's the time to toss your hat in the ring and contact me, because I want to wrap this up in the next few days. Thanks!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:26 pm

Thanks to everyone who contacted me - we got a good response on this Open Call (I put it in on a few other sites too). I'd like to close this Open Call by tomorrow and then start wrapping up things - who's in and who's not, and then it's back to game design! :D
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi all,

I just brought on board another game designer. With a decent-sized team now, the doors are all but shut!

Those of you who I contacted regarding possibly coming on board with QT Games, please respond by Oct. 26, as I'm wrapping this up and need to be moving forward!

If you've got questions, concerns or comments, contact me! If you are no longer interested, at this point in the process, a letter to that affect is appropriate, especially since I did say that time was of the essence. If you are still interested, I need to know right away and I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks much!
Bob
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:46 pm

I'm reopening this call for a game designer. We're making good headway on Cosmothea 5.0 and have started a PbP playtest for the game. There's still a good amount of work left to do, but the game is looking pretty solid so far. There's room for another creative individual. If interested in teaming up to create a great game, contact me. Two or more designers who know how to work on a team can produce a better game than a lone game designer by themselves. Let me know. Thanks!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:10 pm

This Open Call for a Game Designer is still Open. We brought on board a solid writer to add to the team recently. So now there are two of us working on our latest edition of the Cosmothea Multi and blended-genre RPG. We might have a 3rd one starting soon. We are looking for 1-2 more, especially as we draw closer to our Kickstarter. Interested in hearing more? Let's talk!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:32 pm

Thanks much to those of you who visit this site. I see that we consistently have a large number of visitors, but no one has yet posted in this thread for more information or to show interest. Are none of you game designers? Contact me if you would like more information on this opportunity to join the Cosmothea 5.0 Design Team. Thanks!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Next

Return to Announcements