Update and Join in the fun!

This is the spot to find the latest NEWS on QT Games and about opportunities to get involved. For specific news on Toonaria or Epic Destinies, check out the Insider's Forum!

Update and Join in the fun!

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:47 pm

If you haven't been following our Facebook page, check it out HERE. Like us on Facebook!

Swing by there when you get a chance. This site's been pretty quite lately, but you can help me change all that. Spread the word! Cosmothea's not dead and it's not dying.
QT Games isn't vanishing anytime soon. Jump on board and have fun ... or suffer the consequences!

You can either have a total blast on these forums or you can choose not to. It's up to you!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Re: Join in the fun!

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:16 pm

(Part 1 of 2)

Hi all,

As I was thinking today about the future of QT Games and of the Cosmothea product line you came to mind. It may seem like we are putting all of our eggs in one basket - Cosmothea, but that's not really true. See, Cosmothea is far more than a Game Engine. It's a Campaign Setting (we're calling the setting Cosmoverse these days—it just made perfect sense!), and we also have a number of board and card game ideas, anthologies and novels that we want to do to utilize Cosmothea's concepts. We also want to get around to publishing 3rd party goodies as well. So, we have a lot on our plates and we're very busy.

But here's where YOU come in. What is it that you really want with QT Games? I see we've been consistently having hundreds of visitors every day of the week, week after week and month after month, but you are just that, a visitor. Now mind you, I'm not complaining! I'm glad you're here! QT Games isn't just about me and what I want, it's also about YOU and what YOU want. I've spent hundreds of hours over many years to discover just what it is that gets people excited about particular games. What they like and what they don't like. If you've been giving your opinions online for any significant length of time, it's likely that you've been part of my research. That I've been listening to you. But why take the chance? Why not tell me exactly what it is that you want from a game company - from QT Games in particular, that you just aren't getting from other companies.

What will it take to get YOU involved as a participant in meeting your blended-genre entertainment needs and desires? What will it take for you to move from spectator to participant? From visitor to user? The speed with which we will publish products in the future is in direct proportion to your level of enthusiasm. Yep, that's right - we need you and want you. We aren't just making creative projects for ourselves. If you want the products, we'll get them into your hands, and we believe in Cosmothea, so we're building toward that - first with an anthology, followed by other creative endeavors.
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:25 pm

(Part 2 of 2)

I've been discussing what we've been building mostly on the QT Games Blog, and to a lesser degree around the website and forums. So, if you want to get to know us a little better and determine if we're the right fit for your gaming future, please be sure to check out our blog! We would love to hear from you, whether you want to get involved or just want more information on our upcoming products and how we can meet your needs!

You have an opportunity to make a difference in your own creative and gaming future - to influence what products we release and that they are something you want on your bookshelf or gaming table... and that they rock as much as you want them too!

Or maybe you are still sitting on the fence, wondering whether QT Games is worth your time, if we have what it takes or whether we're your cup of tea. Whatever the case, I welcome you to post on the blog or on these forums. Just join up, dive in, and let's make the remainder of 2013 your and our best year ever!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:35 pm

We're still going strong with several projects on the front burner for upcoming release in 2016 as well as many in the fire. Not moving quite as fast as I'd like with Murphy's Law getting in the way and also with being out of town for nearly a month over the holidays as my father became very sick and then passed away.

But we are still running a cool, easy to play Play-by-Post game - about as easy as games get to join and play. Take a peek!

We are also working on the Cosmothea Blended-Genre Roleplaying game, Cosmoverse Campaign Setting, and more than a little fiction, including The Shadow Hunter, Cosmoverse World Tour and others. If you haven't checked out Arcane Synthesis, it's good stuff, don't miss it!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:02 pm

Hi all,

It occurred to me that because Cosmothea has been around for well over three decades, some confusion may have crept in for those who haven't kept up with the game. Those who played or who worked with QT Games many years ago, might be under the impression that the Cosmothea Blended-Genre Roleplaying Game is basically the same as it was back then.

Whether you loved it or hated it back then, I can assure you it's not quite the same game anymore than Star Wars 1 is the same movie as Star Wars 6. Sure, there are similarities. The coolest concepts are usually brought forward from edition to edition, but we are on the 5th complete overhaul of the game and I'm still making significant changes (though most of the hard stuff is out of the way).

There has been a great number of significant changes. Probably the least changed (yet still significantly changed) is the magic system. We continue to use the same crazy cool system we've used for over 3 decades. The mechanics work differently — better, and with certain major events in the Cosmoverse (think the GodStorm for one), using magic is even cooler and more dangerous to everyone (including the spellcaster).

The game has matured a lot as I've become a stronger game designer. And I've had a large number of years to spruce up the place, so it's a much stronger game all the way around. But there are still some areas I'm fiddling with and I'll continue to until the game rocks even more than it used to. And some thing that were clunky (we're all still learning, aren't we, folks?) have been removed. Whatever might still be clunky will be tackled eventually. Overall, I'm tickled to be working on it when I find the time as I think it has great potential.
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:03 pm

Three things have slowed me down considerably.

Money has been the single biggest issue. That could be changing, but I want to get the fan base bigger first.

The fact that when I started Cosmothea 1.0 there were hardly any rpgs on the market, made it a lot more desireable to publish a game like this, especially since it costs a ton to publish, so I need to make sure it's really hot and I have a big fan base before I head in that direction. Now there's way too many rpgs on the market, so I'm not in as big of a hurry, even though I get my gaming fix more easily with it than any other game and love it. It still fills a niche, so one day I hope to publish it.

Lastly, my time is still strained. I have been moving forward with the Cosmoverse Campaign Setting, which is a tiny bit older than the game. We're talking 1978, and I put out my first book on the setting last year. I'll put out at least 1 more by the end of this year and hopefully 2 next year, if all goes well. I'm also hoping to do a boardgame Kickstarter before long, but that's another story.

Just thought I'd throw that out there in case someone was wondering. I'm always open to comments and questions. Cheers!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Re: Update and Join in the fun!

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:56 pm

Seen our new gaming forum? We've been discussing our Little Epics Roleplaying Game and Toonaria Campaign Setting. Check it out!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Return to Announcements