QT Games Site Updates

This is the spot to find the latest NEWS on QT Games and about opportunities to get involved. For specific news on Toonaria or Epic Destinies, check out the Insider's Forum!

Re: QT Games Site Updates

Unread postby Pippa » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:58 pm

Hi Bob! The antology arrived in the mail today. Now I know why it was such a titanic work to get all of those copies out the door - it was very neatly packaged and it made it inside the house without a scratch (was a bit exciting though since the kids insisted on helping un-pack).

Did you know the boyfriend didn't know Ed Greenwood wrote a story for it? I hope I got him all excited about it now!

Jason's cover artwork is also splendid. Got me a good look of it at last.

I'm making sure to show it off to my anglophonic friends as soon as I'm able!

On a side note, how does the widget thing work? I get a 404 message.
...Effectively putting the 'cutie' in 'QT-Games'...!
Pippa
Eternal! Forum Guide! Caption Contest Winner!

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:59 pm

Hiya Pippa,

Glad you got the book okay. Thanks for the feedback—I hope you guys enjoy it!!

As for the widget, I wonder if you are using an old browser perhaps? The widget is good to go. It takes a few seconds to load and shows a preloader, and then there's around a one second delay for individual pages to load once it's up (and you can view it full screen even). Likely the art increases the load time a few seconds, but it always goes blazing fast for me.

I've checked it out via recent versions of Firefox, Chrome and Safari and have never gotten an error message.

The widget is AMAZING!!! I can't say enough good things about it (except that I'm so sorry you are getting an error message!) Maybe it was just a momentary glitch? Do me a favor and check it out in another browser or browser version and let me know, okay? Thanks, Pippa!

Below the widget is a Book forum, btw! It looks different than these forums - it's more streamlined, but there's a few topics and comments down there! I hope you're able to view it!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Unread postby Pippa » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:24 am

My Firefox is 40.0.3 and up-to-date. Worse, I get a 404 in Chrome, too.

Are you sure that the reason why YOU can load it is because it's on your machine?
Or maybe the link you posted earlier has a spelling error?
Pippa

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:22 am

Heh, sorry about that. All this time I thought you were talking about the widget itself not working, Drat. You can navigate there on your own easily enough by just going to our Home page and clicking Books. I've been using my smart phone a lot lately and I'm afraid I make more typos now.It likes to "correct" me as I type and I make more mistakes when I use the lil buttons. I have to be careful, but when you said it wouldn't load I thought you meant the widget, not the Web page!

The link I gave was not for a widget but for the page itself. Yes, there is a typo in this forum. I'll fix it. Thanks, and sorry for misunderstanding!

Please go to QTGames.com!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Pippa » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:17 am

Ah, this time the link worked!

Nice and pro, Bob. Well done!
Pippa

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:47 pm

Thanks, Pippa!

Well, I moved some forums around, did some merging, still need to do more, including archiving, but I don't have much free time, so it will be awhile before I do much more.

Have an awesome week, all!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:27 pm

Brand new fiction and games newsletter coming out later this week. Join now so you don't miss anything! http://www.qtgames.com/books.html
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:26 am

Updated the home page of the website. Lots more updates to come, but check it out when you get a chance. Thanks!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Gicker » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:30 am

Home page looks great!
QT-Games Cosmothea Campaigns
Secrets of Cathor: Cinder OOC Thread IC Thread 3

"Adam fell that men might be, and men are, that they might have joy", Book of Mormon 2 Nephi 2:25
Gicker
Mithril Adept

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:00 am

Thanks, it was too wordy before and our Kickstarter is old news now. We're looking forward with many cool projects on the horizon.

I'm still planning on laying out the website differently when I get time, maybe switching to WIX to get things simpler and modern, and find a new place to go more indepth on the site for those that want to hear more about Cosmothea and the Cosmoverse. I want the home page to have even less text than it does now as it should be more of a call to action page, a place to see what we're doing and then be pointed to where they can go for more information, I think. I have a lot more public information and game information, but it's just a matter of finding time and deciding how to present it.
Bob Whitely
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements