QT Games Site Updates

This is the spot to find the latest NEWS on QT Games and about opportunities to get involved. For specific news on Toonaria or Epic Destinies, check out the Insider's Forum!

Re: QT Games Site Updates

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:20 am

Does that mean you won't be buying the sourcebook, Pippa?

What, you don't want to play the next K-Pop Master? You don't want to dance on top of a car (that's another PSY video, but nevertheless), allow your awesomeness to deflect fake snow and debris from overcoming you while walking along singing a beat that has taken the world by storm? You don't want to ... eh nevermind. Just buy and love the sourcebook and we'll call ourselves even! Heck, play in my Hanging By A Thread PbP and we'll call ourselves even. I'm easy. ;)
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Unread postby Pippa » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:59 am

I'll do all of the above if you come paint my house and put new flooring in the rooms upstairs. Maybe some insulation in the attic, too, if you feel like it.
See, I'm easy too! When can you be here?
...Effectively putting the 'cutie' in 'QT-Games'...!
Pippa
Eternal! Forum Guide! Caption Contest Winner!

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:27 am

Immediately following your picking up the sourcebook from your local hobby store or online, and giving it a good read through. I'm sure you'll be dancing your way to higher levels in no time, or at least perusing YouTube for parody videos and ads for future Cosmothea: PSY creations! :D
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:55 pm

Slowly working on the public areas of the site. I posted a new flash banner on the home page, new link configuration and introduced 3 genre icons on the left side. The icons aren't active yet, and will likely get some touch ups later, but I only have so much time to devote to beautification and modernization while managing progress on Cosmothea 5.0.

Those icons will delve into a bit more on the genres (including genre blending) in both the setting and game mechanics, and I'll make sure to drop in a cool pic representing each genre in each icon link as well. Likely, you'll see the painting before much verbage as my time has been very tight lately. But I think you'll like the pics! :D

Bob
P.s. For anyone who's curious, the icon for Science Fiction is the symbol of the ancient Architects, the most technologically advanced group in the Cosmo U. That symbol has been found in ruins and on some mysterious devices across the realms on numerous worlds.

The only species to come even a little close are the brainy taager, and at one point, to a lesser degree, the gnomes themselves, but that was a long time ago, and these days, the gnomes are only in the beginning of their Industrial Revolution (second time around - long story).

The symbol for superheroes, called Augments in Cosmothea, is actually the symbol for Cosmothea 5.0's first official augment team, The Defense League, but only one on the team actually displays it, kind of adopting it as his own, and who's going to argue with him anyway? he's Megapower, after all!

And working our way backwards, the orb in the first icon represents magic, while the axe ... well, I think you get the idea. Cheers!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:22 am

Don't know if I mentioned it or not somewhere yet, but I've got a new QT Games logo that I'm almost done designing. I'll put it up as soon as it's ready - any time now. :D

I don't take the approach of altering a logo lightly, since it is part of the identification of the company, but I've been wanting to change it for some time, and the sooner the better, since we don't want to do that after we get bigger, have a game or two on the market, etc.

So it's not official yet, but you're hearing it on the QT, if you know what I mean. ;)
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:07 pm

Posted some updates on the public area of the site. Check out the new home page! More changes to come (including more info on those 3 new icon links). We would put up a lot more information (and polish the content), but time is limited and our focus has to be on completing Cosmothea 5.0. That said, we'll definitely update the public area from time to time with more and more info on the setting and mechanics in the days ahead. It needs a major overhaul, but again, our time is divided, and I'm sure you would rather we don't slow down on Cosmothea, right? We'll try to make another update soon.

I see that we are getting a large number of regular visitors. Please feel free to create an account, ask questions, make comments, start up a thread to yack on something related to the theme of the forums (games, art, movies, novels, etc.), get involved in a PlaybyPost game or start one of your own!

And if you know of a way we can improve the site and forums, would like to brainstorm on Cosmothea or other games, just hang out and yack, we'd love to hear that too. We have a small community of creative individuals. Why not join us and lets have some fun! Thanks!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:54 pm

Posted some more updates to the website last night. Check 'em out next chance you get. More to come. :D
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:14 pm

Hi all,

The new QT Games logo is up. Like it? Hate it? Let me know what you think. Thanks!

And for those that don't get the tagline on these forums, Cosmothea is both a multi-genre RPG (one setting, various pure genres represented, not blended), and blended-genre (more than one genre blended - on most worlds). The reason it was done this way was so that those that don't like blended-genres (hard for me to imagine, but those people do exist), and those that like blended-genres, well, that's our specialty!

As for the name QT, I've mentioned this before, but it dates back to the 1800's where people would say things "On the QT", meaning in secret. Those people were in the know, the information was on the sly - that's what it means, though in more modern times, many use it to mean "cutie". I've designed over 2 dozen board games, and many of those have cute, cartoony characters in them, so that doesn't really bother me, but I thought I'd make the logo with a bit more bite this time around. I think this new logo accomplishes that nicely. I also have a version without the text above it, which I will use sometimes where appropriate.
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Pippa » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:46 am

About the separate logos for the SF and Fantasy categories - while I do think the architects' symbol looks great, the fantasy logo doesn't look half as crisp or inspired - in fact, is it just me or does it look translucent?

About Gangnam style - turned out to be not quite as enjoyable as I've been told. I can't even remember how it went, just that I thought it sounded trashy and out-dated.
If I insulted anyone, POOEY! Grow some hair on your unmentionables already. And taste. Definitely grow taste.

If anybody else needs my honest opinion on something, here I am. Maybe I should work as a consultant of sorts. I think I'd be pretty unexpensive, hehe.
...Effectively putting the 'cutie' in 'QT-Games'...!
Pippa
Eternal! Forum Guide! Caption Contest Winner!

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:24 am

She lives! Good to see you around these parts, Pippa. Thought you'd completely forgotten about us.

Pippa wrote:About the separate logos for the SF and Fantasy categories - while I do think the architects' symbol looks great, the fantasy logo doesn't look half as crisp or inspired - in fact, is it just me or does it look translucent?

Thanks for your thoughts, and sorry the fantasy icon doesn't do it for you. It's actually supposed to be a crystalline glassteel axe. The whole of it is therefore slightly transparent. Looks better larger, just like the logo.

Oh, and above the axe is a power orb - so that both combat and magic are implied. While it is my least favorite of the three, I thought it turned out rather well, though admittedly, I didn't have a ton of time to devote to it. I'll revisit it later, but of course if you want to take a crack at it, I'm more than happy to oblige. ;) I think it represents fantasy rather well, though again, I'm open to ideas and I too am sure that it can be improved.

Speaking of the site, I'll be redoing the Forum header as it doesn't need to reflect the Cosmothea logo and I want it to work with the new logo better.
Pippa wrote:About Gangnam style - turned out to be not quite as enjoyable as I've been told. I can't even remember how it went, just that I thought it sounded trashy and out-dated.

Hm ... well they say a critic's job is a lonely one. I'm sure there are others that don't care for Gangnam style, Pippa, but it has taken the world by storm. My own inclusion of it around here was hopefully obviously a joke. I have enjoyed many of the parodies of it and the energy the video exudes. I think it can be appreciated for what it is - it was never meant to be taken seriously nor did Psy take it seriously. Out-dated? Hardly. It's considered about the hottest thing out there right now, like it or not. Trashy? At points, yes, unfortunately. My kind of music? Not really, but like those that parodied it, I thought it would be fun to do so. I've long-since moved on.
Bob Whitely
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements