QT Games Site Updates

This is the spot to find the latest NEWS on QT Games and about opportunities to get involved. For specific news on Toonaria or Epic Destinies, check out the Insider's Forum!

Re: QT Games Site Updates

Unread postby Pippa » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:01 pm

Well I'm not a fan of anything electronic, so I'm not a connaisseur regarding its novelty value. But I still think it sounded a lot like stuff I heard before at loud parties.
...Effectively putting the 'cutie' in 'QT-Games'...!
Pippa
Eternal! Forum Guide! Caption Contest Winner!

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:59 pm

Ah well, such is the reason why we have so many different types of music. Personally, I listen almost exclusively to contemporary Christian music. But I'm aware that some wouldn't listen to that if it were the only music on the planet. Such is life.
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:03 pm

Oh, regarding the axe logo, I think I'll make it a normal axe, not glassteel, since it didn't sit well with you. I don't have any strong feelings on the matter myself. It was just barely translucent anyway, but I did want to make a slight adjustment to the axe itself. As for making it a more exciting icon, well, I really just need an icon there right now, so I can have a section ready for me to put info and pictures in, when I find time, but if I think of a better way of doing that symbol, or a better way is suggested to me, I might change it again.
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Pippa » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:31 am

Will do. It's not a priority, right?
...Effectively putting the 'cutie' in 'QT-Games'...!
Pippa
Eternal! Forum Guide! Caption Contest Winner!

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:14 am

The Icon is not a priority by any stretch, but if there's a better one to go there, eventually, that would be a good move. What's more important, is finding the time to put the content inside that link. It's not like I don't have a bunch of content to put in there, of course. The setting and game are well on their way. It's just a matter of time and priorities.

Thanks for your thoughts, Pippa. Actually, if anyone has even a rough sketch of an idea that would be a better fantasy icon, that's all I need. Haven't had a great amount of time to devote to it, but I've always loved two-headed battle axes and power orbs, so for me, I'm fine with the icon. Can it be better? Of course. But I can't do everything. I've already started forming a 5.0 Design Team. It's small right now, and I'll be needing to expand it soon. I'll need that in full swing when the Kickstarter project goes live so that we can tackle what needs to be done to bring the game and setting to the market. We'll tackle little things as we find time.

I plan to do some more site updates by the end of the year, if all goes well.
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:19 pm

I'm back! Well, I'm at the LAX, so just a short flight to go, and then we're back in business! It's good to be back in the states!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Flowswithdrek » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:23 pm

Welcome back, Bob. Its been wild quiet around these parts!
Flowswithdrek
Gold Adept

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:10 pm

Yes, sadly. We can't have that, now can we? It's time to get busy!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:16 pm

Warning, the QT Games homepage now has sound. Not sure how to both show the video image and delay it from playing so that you can decide to play it or not, or to give you enough time to turn sound off if you want to. I know those can be controlled. Just not sure how yet. Anyone know? :D

Sorry for any inconvenience. Hopefully I'll get it straightened out soon.

One thing I can no longer test easily, is how the site looks and works on Internet Explorer. Now mind you, I wish IE dropped off the planet, and most people I know don't use it, but if you happen to, no offense! But if you would be so kind, please point out if you ever notice anything looking wonky on IE. Right now, everything looks good on my versions of Firefox, Chrome and Safari throughout the site, but every once in awhile, I find myself on a PC and go, "Woah, never seen my site look that messed up before." It's always some version of IE that is the culprit.

I am aware that just as ipads can't view flash files, mobile devices don't seem to be able to view quicktime files (or at least my son's android can't). It seems there's no way to make everything viewable to everyone or at least without a major headache (if it's possible at all). Anyway, let me know your thoughts on the vid and site. Thanks!!! :D
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Flowswithdrek » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:35 am

Bob, the site looks fine in IE. I get a pop up that says the site wants to open window media player, if I select that then I can play the video, which is pretty cool. I use IE exclusively. Firefox takes forever to open on my computer and the last time I downloaded Chrome it sent my Malware detectors of the Richter scale!
Flowswithdrek
Gold Adept

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements