How is everything going?

Hang out here to discuss QT Games' projects, wish lists, movies, art, comics, fiction and games. Write your game reviews, movie reviews, brainstorm alternate movie storylines and more!

How is everything going?

Unread postby warp9 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:39 pm

Hi Bob,

How is everything going? I got your e-mail, and I thought I'd say hi.
warp9
Gold Adept

Re: How is everything going?

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Thu May 18, 2017 6:22 pm

Hiya Rob,

Good to see you around these parts. :D

for a brief period of time, things are kinda nutty with a house renovation keeping me busy (loads of Spring Cleaning, moving and packing stuff up, preparing for changes to different rooms, etc.), which is driving me up the wall as I love to be productive on QT Games projects.

In a nutshell, here's where I'm sitting (and it's subject to change, of course):
The Sea Of Worms (Book One of the Cosmoverse World Tour series, if it becomes a series - I certainly have it set up that way, but time is quite elusive and I have a mountain of projects.) It is about half done right now.

Echoes in the Storm, which delves into the events in young Anton's life following the madness of Voices, from Arcane Synthesis, and wraps that all up in an epic storyline that I promise to finish in the new book! Echoes in the Storm is a story I've been wanting to tell since the 90's, but time is elusive! Instead, I wrote a book called Beyond Xanadu, which I set aside after the first draft, to get back to work on Cosmothea and a pile of other projects, as much as I loved that story. It just wasn't the right time to do it. I will take Echoes in the Storm to completion and get it out the door. Looking forward to diving in! The Shadow Reaper is perhaps one of the most heavily revised and edited books of all time, heh, and is just waiting for layout. Then I'll put it and Arcane Synthesis onto Amazon which will bring QT Games more attention than what Drivethrufiction has been offering.

After all that's out of the way, hopefully by mid 2018, if not sooner, I'll jump into my Epic Destinies RPG with both feet (right now, I'm just squeezing in a little time here and there.) Long story there, but I'll delve more into my plans for that game before long. I have a pile of projects after that, including my Freeze Or Burn board game revamp immediately following Epic Destinies. I've done a ton of work on both of those games, but there's still plenty to do before official playtesting begins. :D

What have you been up to these days?!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Unread postby warp9 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:52 am

Bob Whitely wrote:Hiya Rob,

Good to see you around these parts. :D

It's good to be around! :D

Bob Whitely wrote:for a brief period of time, things are kinda nutty with a house renovation keeping me busy (loads of Spring Cleaning, moving and packing stuff up, preparing for changes to different rooms, etc.), which is driving me up the wall as I love to be productive on QT Games projects.

In a nutshell, here's where I'm sitting (and it's subject to change, of course):
The Sea Of Worms (Book One of the Cosmoverse World Tour series, if it becomes a series - I certainly have it set up that way, but time is quite elusive and I have a mountain of projects.) It is about half done right now.

Echoes in the Storm, which delves into the events in young Anton's life following the madness of Voices, from Arcane Synthesis, and wraps that all up in an epic storyline that I promise to finish in the new book! Echoes in the Storm is a story I've been wanting to tell since the 90's, but time is elusive! Instead, I wrote a book called Beyond Xanadu, which I set aside after the first draft, to get back to work on Cosmothea and a pile of other projects, as much as I loved that story. It just wasn't the right time to do it. I will take Echoes in the Storm to completion and get it out the door. Looking forward to diving in! The Shadow Reaper is perhaps one of the most heavily revised and edited books of all time, heh, and is just waiting for layout. Then I'll put it and Arcane Synthesis onto Amazon which will bring QT Games more attention than what Drivethrufiction has been offering.

After all that's out of the way, hopefully by mid 2018, if not sooner, I'll jump into my Epic Destinies RPG with both feet (right now, I'm just squeezing in a little time here and there.) Long story there, but I'll delve more into my plans for that game before long. I have a pile of projects after that, including my Freeze Or Burn board game revamp immediately following Epic Destinies. I've done a ton of work on both of those games, but there's still plenty to do before official playtesting begins. :D

I'm glad to hear that you are still following your dreams. 8-)

Bob Whitely wrote:What have you been up to these days?!

I've been staying busy. Still do work with programming stuff. Also, to keep in shape, I've been loading boxes onto trucks in the evenings (it is basically like being paid to work out). I will try to post in the next few days to give you a better update. I was hoping to post a bit more with this message, but, unfortunately, there were other things to do tonight which I have to go to.
warp9
Gold Adept

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sun May 21, 2017 11:25 pm

Oh, I guess that would keep you in shape! My house renovation project hasn't really kept me in shape, but it has kept me tired, heh, which at least means my heart is still beating as I'm not dead. ;)

As for my dreams, no, I don't give up, but I have refined my dreams quite a bit. Since I can't do all this full-time, I've had to scale back my vision for QT Games. I still have a pretty ambitious road map ahead, but I'm taking the time to do several different things for the company. Roleplaying games just don't have a big enough audience to support all the games out there—not by a long shot, so it has to be a labor of love as there's not a lot of money to be made. So, I'll keep doing fiction and before long, board and card games, too, likely, as they seem to fair better (and I've designed quite a few.) But nothing's easy, and time is ever elusive!

Well, I look forward to hearing more about your projects, Rob. Have a great week, my friend!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Return to Discussion