Game of Thrones

Hang out here to discuss QT Games' projects, wish lists, movies, art, comics, fiction and games. Write your game reviews, movie reviews, brainstorm alternate movie storylines and more!

Game of Thrones

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Fri May 27, 2016 1:19 pm

Anyone watch this mature fantasy flick? I've read the first book, part of the second and then got uber busy with writing fiction, job and family, and haven't gotten back into it yet. But I have been watching the series.

There's a little too much "mature" in the series for my tastes, with so much nudity and such, but overall I've been very impressed with the story, acting, etc.

I do hurt inside a little when characters I like die on the show, or are otherwise mistreated (read most of them). More main and secondary characters die on that show than any other, I think - even worse than on The Walking Dead, and that's saying something!

Tiny spoiler on last week's episode, so you've been warned . . . stop now if you are getting ready to see it. If you haven't, do! Here's a product that could have been used in the Game of Thrones, and perhaps more effectively than what was used (I found the fake ad online). The episode it was inspired from still has me reeling.
Hodor.jpg
Hodor.jpg (12.88 KiB) Viewed 608 times
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby Flowswithdrek » Mon May 30, 2016 6:03 am

I've been following it, though have only caught the first episode of the new series so far. Its hard to avoid it over here with a lot of the film crew walking about town in their cool jackets with the house logos on the back, and all the GoT tours cashing in. One of my favourites spots is a place called Inch Abbey, a monastic ruin, great for a quiet picnic. I went there a couple of months ago and the ruins where crammed with tourists with fur cloaks, swords,all chanting King of the North, King of the North. Quite frightening when trying to eat ones ham sandwich. Yes the main characters die a lot, but I guess that's partly what makes its unique and after a while you tend to forget about some of them. Who was Ned Stark again? :)
Flowswithdrek
Gold Adept

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Tue May 31, 2016 3:29 pm

Good to see you around here, Allen!

Wow, that's pretty cool being so close to interesting landmarks! And to see the interesting fans of GoT runnin' around there, heh. :D

Yeah, I guess one of the gimmicks of the stories is that you never know which of your beloved characters will die. It sure has been a huge cast. I've been really enjoying the series.

Forgot to mention earlier, but about a year ago, in honor of Hodor, I started saying Hodo to my dog whenever I want him to stop walking when we're out and about and he's more or less learned that it means "hold on" as in, "Hold on and wait for me to catch up!" Ironically, the word I made up actually makes some sense in light of the episode a couple weeks ago regarding Hodor. I won't say more than that, since it sounds like you haven't seen it.

I'd better stop here. I almost said a spoiler regarding the Mother of Dragons trying to talk about something I expected to happen a little differently than what she said recently. Caught myself. Don't want to be spoiling anything!

Cheers,
Bob
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Return to Discussion