If you could be any superhero you want, who would you pick?

Hang out here to discuss QT Games' projects, wish lists, movies, art, comics, fiction and games. Write your game reviews, movie reviews, brainstorm alternate movie storylines and more!

If you could be any superhero you want, who would you pick?

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:59 pm

Me? Silver Surfer. No two ways about it!
SS01.jpg
SS01.jpg (34.15 KiB) Viewed 6469 times

And now for a cute version of the good ole surfer!
1298500-shs_silversurfer_4.png
1298500-shs_silversurfer_4.png (154.86 KiB) Viewed 6469 times
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Re: If you could be any superhero you want, who would you pi

Unread postby nightwing » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:56 am

So... you would give up your family, earth, food and air huh?
nightwing
Ascended

Unread postby NexusX » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:48 am

I was kind of assuming we didn't have to be living that hero's life exactly, since we are still who we are. I guess I should have been more clear, sorry. I meant this like the other thread on villains. Obviously I wouldn't ever want to be a villain nor have my mind reshaped to be someone else. They are more than their circumstances, but I get your point. I assumed you could do whatever you wanted with the superhero.

I wouldn't want to live the life of any superhero or villain. But if it came down to having the powers, yeah, Silver Surfer can do almost anything. He's even healed people, which has always been one of my favorite, though least interesting powers. Rather than make a thread about what power you'd like to have, I was just trying to make it a little more themed.

I can't really see missing air so much as long as I have cosmic senses, but he could have a family if he wanted - he's not always Galactus' herald and if I was him, I'd not put up with Galactus if I didn't have to. I know he rebelled many times and spent a good deal of time not as his herald, albeit with some penalties at times. But again, I didn't really mean living his life. Again, wouldn't want to be any hero if that was the case.

As for food, while I don't recall him ever eating and know he doesn't need to, I'm not sure if it's not possible for him to do so. It might not be. Dunno if it's ever been addressed as an option - to enjoy the taste, rather than have a need. While he couldn't breath in flowers and such, I'm pretty sure his senses allow him the full range of smelling and all that.
NexusX
Moderator/Infinitar

Note:: Moderator

Unread postby nightwing » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:38 pm

Having vast superhuman strength, like superman and others, would also pose a problem. You really couldn't hug anyone. Couldn't hold an egg. If you bumped into someone accidentally, you could seriously hurt them.
nightwing
Ascended

Unread postby NexusX » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:57 pm

Heh, you really don't want to play nice, do you? Don't be so serious! We all know the Hulk probably could'nt pick up a car by the bumper without it falling off, since bumpers weren't meant to hold the weight of a car. By that same token, it's unlikely that you could ever have true giants in fantasy games because the shear weight the legs would have to hold would require them to be made out of something far sturdier than mere bones and cartilage. The body would collapse in on itself, likely. No, as you well know (and are being Mr. Smarty pants!) I was looking for fun answers, not realistic ones!

It's funny. Had I asked this on say a pure superhero forum, I'm sure by now I would have gotten a couple dozen answers ranging from Green Lantern to Superman, to the Hulk and Iron Man. ;)
NexusX
Moderator/Infinitar

Unread postby warp9 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:56 pm

nightwing wrote:Having vast superhuman strength, like superman and others, would also pose a problem. You really couldn't hug anyone. Couldn't hold an egg. If you bumped into someone accidentally, you could seriously hurt them.

I disagree. Having an extreme max power level doesn't have to mean you couldn't also have fine control.

But it all depends on how it is set up. To use a parallel example, if your sound system has only 10 settings for volume, your max volume is 10,000 decibels, you might have a problem. On the other hand, if you have 1,000,000,000 different volume levels, then you could just avoid using all the higher levels, and stick with the lower settings (and still have a lot of options).

Strength could be set up the same way, you could still have all the versatility at the lower (normal human levels), and have a bunch of extra (higher) levels of exertion you could use. It just means that you'd have a lot more possible output levels.
warp9
Gold Adept

Unread postby warp9 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:38 am

Also, since we seem to be posting Silver Surfer picts, I saw one that was pretty cool a few days back. . . .

warp9
Gold Adept

Unread postby NexusX » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:00 pm

Heh, thanks for posting that!

Man, I get all warm inside whenever I see a pic of the Silver Surfer or Galactus - even silly ones. It just makes me remember my childhood reading the Fantastic Four as a kid! (Ahem, as a young adult too, actually.) Can't afford comics now. When I was a kid, they cost 20 cents each or maybe it was 15 when I was really young. I know I had some 12 centers running around, but I might have picked those up later, but certainly 20 cents through most of my childhood, but now they are like $3.99. It's crazy expensive for 10 minutes worth of reading and gawkin' at pics.
NexusX
Moderator/Infinitar

Re: If you could be any superhero you want, who would you pick?

Unread postby Roadkillpancake » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:14 am

Hmmmm...

Well... because I would definitely want to be able to leave the bounds of the earth (and survive), and if I could change genders...., I suppose I would want to be the Phoenix.

But all that power... definitely a potential problem for mere mortal humility quotient. :-)
- RKill
Roadkillpancake

Re: If you could be any superhero you want, who would you pick?

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:55 pm

I think you may be in luck, Kenny. I believe they stated at some point in the comics that the Phoenix was a spirit-like being that inhabited Jean Grey. So, as long as you don't mind rooming with an alien mind, you could still be a male Phoenix and have all the power too! But I can't swear to it. I seem to recall that being the case.

My old friend, Mark Bryant, could tell you in a heartbeat. He is very sharp when it comes to comic books and has at least as much comic book knowledge in his head than I do. Probably more, since my memory is so bad.
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Return to Discussion