Thoughts on Life...

Hang out here to discuss QT Games' projects, wish lists, movies, art, comics, fiction and games. Write your game reviews, movie reviews, brainstorm alternate movie storylines and more!

Thoughts on Life...

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:35 am

For those that don't follow my Facebook page (my personal one, I mean, not the QT Games page), Maybe you should, or at least you are welcome to! :D and if you feel like it, I'd be grateful if you "Liked" either one of them.

I'll use this thread to copy some of my inspirational posts from Facebook. So, if you don't want to be encouraged and hear something uplifting and positive, some things you may not hear anywhere else, then you might want to skip this thread.

Also, while I mean not to offend, I will not apologize for my faith, nor sugar-coat what I believe in or what the Bible says about it. This thread will sometimes mention God and the biblical worldview, (probably more often than not) and anyone that wishes to post here will be required to be respectful and positive. You don't have to agree, however. If you don't like what I have to say, you can always ignore the thread. No hard feelings either way!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Re: Thoughts on Life...

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:35 am

Nov 4, 2012:
Happiness is fleeting, bound by circumstances, which always change. Joy, on the other hand, is available regardless of circumstances, independent of personal achievement or condition. Many speak of happiness and joyfulness interchangeably, but they are wholly different things, at least when speaking of Christian joy.

Christian Joy is a gift, but accepting and acting on it, is a choice. Without hope, one can have no joy, and the troubles of life can easily sweep you away. While I really, really enjoy being happy, I realize the foolishness of pursuing happiness. Far more precious and profitable, is the pursuit of God, who offers peace and joy and blessings to those who love Him.
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:54 am

Sept 24, 2012:
It's so easy to immerse ourselves in our problems, worry over things, become frustrated about all the things that did not turn out the way we wanted them to.

But it's so much more beneficial to decide to focus on what is working, to be thankful for what we do have, and to make plans for what we are going to do next! Stress is a lack of faith in God and in ourselves. We shouldn't ignore our problems, but we shouldn't let our past ruin our future either.

[The following isn't from my facebook page, but I added it for clarification, which I'll do from time to time. Facebook posts are so short, that it's sometimes hard to get the full concept in place properly]

Stress is very natural and widespread. I like to use it to mean worrying about outcomes and dangers and the physiological responses of the unknown. I look at other things as merely pressure. For example, I don't feel like I stress over paying bills. I believe the money will be there when I need it. But I do feel pressure sometimes from things like rushing like mad to meet a deadline.

Stress is perfectly natural, but it isn't profitable. We can't always choose when we are under pressure, but we can choose whether we are stressed or not, by what we focus on. It's not easy, but it is possible and helpful.

Note: Before I forget, sometimes I forget to define things and don't always use the most common definition or I use a biblical one. I need to watch that. Sorry if I was unclear!

There are some things we can't change. To stress over those isn't helpful. To stress period, isn't healthy. Rushing to the hospital because my wife is pregnant and about to have a baby, or something, that's pressure! And I suppose you could say that's stress too, but I hope my post made sense when taken in its entirety and along with my others.
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:57 am

April 28, 2012:
It wasn't curiosity that killed that cat, it was complacency! Complacency is one of the biggest killers to our spiritual walk and personal success. It's easy to see that you need to wear armor and weapons when you are on the battlefield. It's when things are going well that you forget that the enemy is still there waiting to ambush you.
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:59 am

These aren't in any particular order - they are just facebook posts that I wrote, that I liked and thought some of you might like as well. I'll slow down once I've caught up:

Posted March 31, 2012:

It's my 20th Wedding Anniversary this month! Yay! I love my wife more today than when we got married, and look forward to many more years together, Lord willing!!!

Every day is precious, every day a gift, but it is easy to take your spouse for granted and overlook or even forget all the wonderful things they do and how much they mean to you.

I am grateful for my wonderful wife and praise God for her each day, and for allowing me to be her husband and the father of our great kids!

It might be helpful to remember that neither saying we love someone, nor buying things for them (while both are nice) are as effective as actively loving them - making what's important to them, important to us; giving of our time for their benefit; and all those little, simple things like actually listening, spending time with them doing what they want, doing little things around the house that make their lives easier, without complaint.

I think one of the most effective ways we can show our spouses and children that we love them is by keeping our eyes on God, because that enables us to love others far more than we are able to love on our own. Sacrificial love goes a lot farther than a box of chocolates, but they still like chocolates, so that never hurts either. ;)
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:02 am

Thought it would be helpful if I started putting some dates in. I'll organize these better shortly...

Feb 18, 2012:
No matter where we go, God is there. He desires to have a close relationship with each of us. I think it's hard for a lot of people to realize this, as so many struggle to have meaningful relationships. And yet as we seek God, He is able to do amazing things in our lives. And as we meet others who share our faith, there is an instant bond of friendship and love.

That was something I experienced
when I went to the Philippines last summer. I felt so close to the believers there. I didn't know any of them at first, but we already had a wonderful bond between us - Christ, and it made all the difference. I felt God's presence there, just as I do at my home church. It's so cool that wherever I go, if I run into someone who loves God, we have common ground and can become great friends!

March 11, 2012:
Time is the sort of thing you don't tend to fully appreciate, nor realize is actually very valuable, until you've nearly run out of it! Those that learn how valuable it is at a young age are blessed.
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:08 am

Oct 24, 2011:
Every time I think I understand just how awesome God is, he does something truly amazing and I realize I still don't quite have it figured out. Guess I'll never be able to wrap my mind around just how awesome he really is. He is so full of love and grace! Thankfully, even though I'm unworthy, he desires to have a close relationship with lil ole me! How cool is that?!

Alright. I'll stop here and only post new stuff from here on (again, I'll rearrange these by date, adding dates to each and then only move forward), maybe once or twice a week. Thanks for reading. Have a great rest of the weekend!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:14 am

Nov 4, 2012:
And now to show that my posts won't always be about God: Happiness is ... this lil guy! Our puppy, Tibbets! Well, not so much a puppy anymore, but a ton of fun!
Tibbets.jpg
Tibbets.jpg (60.41 KiB) Viewed 5917 times
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:22 am

And now for something completely different! I think my all-time favorite Christmas song has to be...

12 Days by Straight, No Chaser! Love it! Watch it! It just never gets old for me, though I know the actual video is dated and not the highest res. Even so, it's worth watching again, even though Christmas is behind us now.

Anyway, let's make 2014 count folks. If you've got a spouse give 'em a hug. Kids? Yep, they could use one too. Pups? How can I not hug lil Tibbets? Yep, hug your dog, don't take life any more serious than is proper to do so, and let's live balanced lives. Let's rock 2014! Sound good?
Bob Whitely
Admin

Return to Discussion