A new Star Wars film, episode seven, in 2015.

Hang out here to discuss QT Games' projects, wish lists, movies, art, comics, fiction and games. Write your game reviews, movie reviews, brainstorm alternate movie storylines and more!

Unread postby Than » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:34 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20146942

Also know in other places as: Jason S, Commander Bo, Silverwolf. I am British and Swiss but working in the Czech Republic. I create Art and Software.
Than
Gold Adept

Re: A new Star Wars film, episode seven, in 2015.

Unread postby Flowswithdrek » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:59 pm

Yep, its going to be an interesting ride, and the Star Wars fans have something new to speculate about and fight over. That should keep em out of trouble for a while :mrgreen:
Flowswithdrek
Gold Adept

Unread postby DeadStopWalking » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:21 am

Hi All,

I have a lot of apprehension about the new films. For me, who grew up with the 'original' three episodes, I was deeply disappointed with the new films. They just didn't measure up, didn't have the same feel to them, didn't have as much depth.

I really do hope they next three films change that, but deep down, I don't think they will.
DeadStopWalking

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:26 pm

I am an optimist! While I too am leary of the new films to some degree (we're talking Disney after all, not known for being amazing, save on some of their cartoons), I am hoping they'll do a bang up job and would like to see the stories continue!

That said, for good or il, I've heard that a 3rd party was brought in to take the beast that is Star Wars (and it is a beast, with novels by various writers, cartoons, etc. and some contradicting each other, plus popular fan supported work). From what I've heard, some of what is considered canon (Timothy Zahn's work) and even some beloved work by others, may all get canned as Disney realizes it's a big hairy mess and needs to be tamed. I just hope the guy who's been asked to take out the chainsaw, does not make it worse than it already is.

Interestingly, the Cosmoverse is nearly as old as Star Wars itself, but I have not had the good fortune of money to publish and Hollywood attention, followed by fan attention, and I think my Cosmoverse is actually much, much larger than, and likely more interesting and deeper than the Star Wars Universe, yet I don't have a pile of novels, RPG's, comics, PEZ dispensers, toys, and lunch boxes on the market. Some people get all the luck! Ah well. At least I now have 3 videos out on the Cosmoverse, rushed (to show off prior to the Kickstarter ending) and on a shoestring budget, but I am rather fond of them anyway!

Come what may, I still look forward to the new movies. I could always do without the stupid one liners like, "This is such a drag," and "Oh, I'm beside myself," which I think were 2 of the worst offenders in the latest batch of movies. I loved the battle with Darth Maul and between Obie Wan and Anakin, hated Jar Jar Binks, metachlorians... well, I'll stop there.
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Return to Discussion