Procedural generation and Right to write a book for Elite

Hang out here to discuss QT Games' projects, wish lists, movies, art, comics, fiction and games. Write your game reviews, movie reviews, brainstorm alternate movie storylines and more!

Re: Procedural generation and Right to write a book for Elite

Unread postby Than » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:09 am

:) Yea we may all end up in trouble with that temptation.

I also pledged to the Elite RPG just now, which may be cool.
Also know in other places as: Jason S, Commander Bo, Silverwolf. I am British and Swiss but working in the Czech Republic. I create Art and Software.
Than
Gold Adept

Unread postby Flowswithdrek » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:55 pm

Ha, thought that was you, I recognised your Avatar.
Flowswithdrek
Gold Adept

Unread postby Flowswithdrek » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:56 pm

Well, I just submitted my plot synopsis to Frontier Developments for my contribution of a short story to the Elite: Dangerous 'Tales from the Frontier' anthology. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long before I get a response. I probably won't start working on this properly for some months as someone has pledged big money to name some of the main characters, but I don't have a list names yet. I also need to liaise with Frontier Developments to find a suitable location (star system) that I can name and flesh out, which I think possibly, becomes a real location in the actual game.
Flowswithdrek
Gold Adept

Unread postby Flowswithdrek » Mon May 20, 2013 1:15 pm

Just got my Bio up on the new Anthology Writers website Elite: Dangerous 'Tales From The Frontier' Bob, I've given Cosmothea a shout out and link :) Hopefully some snippets of the story will appear at some point.
Flowswithdrek
Gold Adept

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Mon May 20, 2013 3:11 pm

Thanks for thinking of me, Allen. I'll have to check that out. I hope you are able to make good progress on your Elite story over the next couple weeks. It's fun making progress!!

I hit halfway through the second draft of writing the first half of my first anthology short story (that's a mouthful!). Next I'm going to do one more run through to see about trimming the size down then launch into the second half of the story.

I look forward to reading yours one day!

Cheers!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Unread postby Flowswithdrek » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:30 pm

So I've finished my first draft of my Elite: Dangerous short story - A Game of Death. Now I need to throw it out to my fellow authors and friends for feedback.

To celebrate I thought I would share the new Elite: Dangerous video that released today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE8B4KptyVI
Flowswithdrek
Gold Adept

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:01 pm

Thanks for sharing that, Allen! That's a pretty cool video. :D
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Flowswithdrek » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:41 am

Elite: Dangerous Anthology - Tales From the Frontier has been picked up by Fantastic Books for publishing. Right now my story 'A Game of Death' is in front of their editors, awaiting, whatever it is editors do. Not only are Fantastic Books going to release Tales From the Frontier along with three other Elite: Dangerous novels, but they are going to run a kickstarter to produce them as audio books.

I'm trying not to get to excited until everything is signed sealed and delivered, but that's becoming increasingly difficult...

We will use this Kickstarter project to fund the planning, recording, post production and marketing of a very special set of Fantastic Books indeed. Lots of you will, by now, have heard of our exploits with a collection of science fiction books based in the Elite universe. Well, as we will be releasing all of our Elite novels along with the shiny new computer game Elite:Dangerous in March 2014, we thought it only fair to do our best to release the audio versions of these books at the same time. We have professional sound engineers, actors, screenwriters, marketers, cover designers and, of course, our dedicated editors who are all ready to go.

The natural progression of this idea is to focus our campaign on our Elite books by Drew Wagar (Elite:Reclamation), Allen Stroud (Elite:Lave Revolution), John Harper (Elite:And Here The Wheel) and the team who are producing an anthology of Elite shorts (Elite:Tales from the Frontier). With such a wonderful selection of Fantastic books, we have decided to concentrate the kickstarter campaign on them.

Read more Here...
Flowswithdrek
Gold Adept

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:51 pm

Glad to hear that's all moving forward, Allen! Very cool! Keep us up-to-date so we know when the Kickstarter goes live and all. Thanks!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Than » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:38 pm

Yes the whole Elite background is going now great guns with all the books coming out and the fab Lave Radio and very active community.
Also know in other places as: Jason S, Commander Bo, Silverwolf. I am British and Swiss but working in the Czech Republic. I create Art and Software.
Than
Gold Adept

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion