Procedural generation and Right to write a book for Elite

Hang out here to discuss QT Games' projects, wish lists, movies, art, comics, fiction and games. Write your game reviews, movie reviews, brainstorm alternate movie storylines and more!

Re: Procedural generation and Right to write a book for Elite

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:03 am

Good to see you my friend, and so excited for how far Elite has come! What is the name of the Elite project you are personally working on, Jason?

I'll be keeping an eye out for more on the Elite projects! And of course we would all like to hear more about them. So, Allen, Jason, please let us know as things progress and congrats my friends!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Unread postby Than » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:36 am

The only Elite project I am working on is trying not to get blasted too much when the game comes into Beta.

I have a 1000 GBP computer I built from parts ordered from Amazon and got myself a quite cheap but hopefully ok joystick and upgraded to the founder level before they shut the website where you could do that.

So, just waiting now, although I could contribute to something creative for Elite there are plenty people doing that already and I am busy and you need permission or to have brought the writers pack to release work in the name of Elite of course.

Basically I am happy to just enjoy all the content created by others as far as the Elite background goes.
Also know in other places as: Jason S, Commander Bo, Silverwolf. I am British and Swiss but working in the Czech Republic. I create Art and Software.
Than
Gold Adept

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:30 pm

Ah, I see, well I hope you have a blast with your new computer, reading the Elite stories when they come out, and our own stories as well, set within the vast Cosmoverse!

Have a great weekend!
Bob
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Flowswithdrek » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:48 pm

Bob Whitely wrote:...reading the Elite stories when they come out

What's this reading business? Now we can listen as we play the game or drive to work. Wow, this topic has come a long way since the first post. Yesterday I got confirmation that Toby Longworth completed the voice recording of 'A Game of Death'. I'm completely over the moon with news, and possibly slightly in shock. Toby is a British writer and voice actor. Many have likely never heard of him, but among his other accomplishments he is credited with giving voice to some of the CGI characters from 'The Phantom Menace' the first Star Wars prequel and has been involved with various computer games and radio plays. He has also worked on some of the Warhammer 40K audio books. I can’t wait to hear it!
Flowswithdrek
Gold Adept

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:35 pm

That sure is an exciting project with lots of arms. I hope everyone's able to finish their part in the big puzzle. Some very talented people involved and I'm looking forward to seeing it all come together!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Than » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:15 pm

Flowswithdrek wrote:
Bob Whitely wrote:...reading the Elite stories when they come out

What's this reading business? Now we can listen as we play the game or drive to work. Wow, this topic has come a long way since the first post. Yesterday I got confirmation that Toby Longworth completed the voice recording of 'A Game of Death'. I'm completely over the moon with news, and possibly slightly in shock. Toby is a British writer and voice actor. Many have likely never heard of him, but among his other accomplishments he is credited with giving voice to some of the CGI characters from 'The Phantom Menace' the first Star Wars prequel and has been involved with various computer games and radio plays. He has also worked on some of the Warhammer 40K audio books. I can’t wait to hear it!

Or at work... We are officially allowed to listen to whatever we like at work while we work :) One bonus about being payed eastern European wages.
Also know in other places as: Jason S, Commander Bo, Silverwolf. I am British and Swiss but working in the Czech Republic. I create Art and Software.
Than
Gold Adept

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:47 pm

Well that's cool. Me too since I work from home, heh, but the pay isn't so good (sigh).
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Flowswithdrek » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:37 pm

We have just been banned from listening to stuff while we work, even on personal headphones :cry: That's what you get when you work for 'The Man' lol. On that note, I've just heard a rough unedited take of the last scene in my story. Sounds great, can't wait to hear the edited version which will include the game's sound scape etc. I'm hoping they will release some teasers soon for folk to hear.
Flowswithdrek
Gold Adept

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:52 pm

Wow, I'm so excited for you, Allen (about the audiobook part, not the music at work part ;) )!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Flowswithdrek » Tue May 13, 2014 1:35 pm

Yet another exciting milestone along the route to getting published. We now have official cover art for the book. The release date is at the end of May!

Forum Size CoverIII.jpg
Tales From The Frontier - Official Cover Art
Forum Size CoverIII.jpg (58.51 KiB) Viewed 2545 times
Flowswithdrek
Gold Adept

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion