Wordpress.com Blues

Hang out here to discuss QT Games' projects, wish lists, movies, art, comics, fiction and games. Write your game reviews, movie reviews, brainstorm alternate movie storylines and more!

Wordpress.com Blues

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:25 pm

Well, I found out that there was a Wordpress.org and using that, I could make the blog part of my web host package, which would allow me to make the blog look more like the website. I've already managed to make it look more like the website, but I thought if I moved it to Wordpress.org, I could get it to at least look identical to the way it does now (but on my address), and in time, could tweak it to look exactly like the site.

Well, supposedly that's true, but 2.5 hours later, I've scrapped the idea (maybe one day when I have more time), but it wasn't displaying properly and so I deleted it. Then I spent a half hour trying to get it to stop showing up as a linked account on my wordpress.com page (See, I can still go to the page where the new blog was located, but I get an error, and don't want any errors associated with QT Games). So I have a help ticket in now, for something that I thought and read was an easy solution (I suppose it helps if you are not a newb to wordpress). So, now I've wasted precious hours (which I value as highly as gold), with nothing to show for it but an error page. Thankfully the original blog still works just fine (just has a ghost hidden on it of the temporary blog I tried to make). So now I'm waiting on tech support. Rant over.

If you haven't started following the blog yet, please do - it's been a lot of fun and there's lots of good information and some art there! Become a follower today so you won't miss out on any cool posts!

Back to being excited over the anthology!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Re: Wordpress.com Blues

Unread postby Pippa » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:12 pm

Even though anything www-technical is complete gibberdeegook to me, I DO know the feeling of having only so much time to spare, and then not being able to actually reap the fruits of the effort.

It is to say, not directly - because we all learn something even if we're not achieving something. We all have to wade through the blubber in order to get to the other side of the ditch sometimes.
...Effectively putting the 'cutie' in 'QT-Games'...!
Pippa
Eternal! Forum Guide! Caption Contest Winner!

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:05 pm

Heh, thanks for the sympathetic ear, Pippa. :D

Take care!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Pippa » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:43 pm

Sure thing Bob. You take care, too!
...Effectively putting the 'cutie' in 'QT-Games'...!
Pippa
Eternal! Forum Guide! Caption Contest Winner!

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:57 am

Ran out of time today to post my Monday Minute, so it's going to have to be a Tuesday Morning Minute. :(

Can't be helped. Man, maybe I shoulda called it the Tuesday Two Minute since Tuesdays are always better for me to blog on! Sigh, ah well. I'll try to make it a worthwhile read, maybe even pop out 2 this week to make it up to people (the scary question is: Who knows that I'll be late? Who's reading my blog?)

I know there's a few reading... and I do think it's worth reading, but hey, you can lead a horse to water... just like you can lead them to an exciting game, but... well after that, it's up to them! Cheers!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Return to Discussion