Lightning!

Hang out here to discuss QT Games' projects, wish lists, movies, art, comics, fiction and games. Write your game reviews, movie reviews, brainstorm alternate movie storylines and more!

Lightning!

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:38 pm

Wow, wish I had my camera tonight. Saw some truly amazing lightning leaping out across huge distances over the Las Vegas valley. The coolest ones were mostly horizontal with super long fingers for what must have been several miles. Crazy big lightning! I'm sure there's got to be some pictures on the net of it - if not already, soon. It's still happening and I saw several out with cameras. Very cool!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Re: Lightning!

Unread postby Pippa » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:10 pm

Oh golly, I love lightning!
I managed to make a photograph of one, once - but it was only a centimeter long or so and all the way up in the corner of the picture...
...Effectively putting the 'cutie' in 'QT-Games'...!
Pippa
Eternal! Forum Guide! Caption Contest Winner!

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:47 pm

I'd think it would be really hard to get any good pics of lightning unless you are out there forever taking pics, or have a camera that auto snaps or something. Friend of mine got a really good one, but it was the usual vertical type. I was most impressed with the horizontal fans that would light up a huge portion of the sky for miles. Still, I wouldn't mind snapping a vertical one either.

It's supposed to rain tonight, but no sign of lightning or rain so far.
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Unread postby Pippa » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:56 am

My in-laws were in the USA a couple days back and they told me Vegas was HOT.
Nothing different here, I'd love to see some rain right now! The grass is turning brown and I can't get outside without getting dripping wet from sweating.
...Effectively putting the 'cutie' in 'QT-Games'...!
Pippa
Eternal! Forum Guide! Caption Contest Winner!

Return to Discussion