PC DEATH SOUNDTRACKS!

We have an ongoing Cosmothea Play-by-Post playtest going and you are also welcome to start an adventure of your own!

PC DEATH SOUNDTRACKS!

Unread postby Pippa » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:05 pm

Howdy!

Nothing is more fun than dressing up a roleplaying occasion with fitting music. Or rather, nothing sweetens the bitter pill better than trying to jerk some tears from the players whose character isn't joining the Choir Invisible. Ever imagined the epic tale of your hero comming to a syruppy slow-motion, with the din of battle fading away into the background while the music picks up and your comrades outstretch their hands towards you crying a mute but heart-wrenching 'nooooooo'?
You're dying dammit - might as well let the rest feel a bit miserable as well for losing a great bloke like you.

Or how about that funeral march you've been dreaming about? Is it as epic as the life you've been leading until circumstances cut it short? More importantly - does it sound like there's a lot of people present? With the right music, you can rest assured, or 'in peace' so to speak, that you'll be carried graveward in style.

Below is a list of inspiring tunes of mixed genres, in no particular order. Those who want to join in the fun and post some of their own - for all you know, they might come in handy sometime soon; it's not like we're immortal so we'd better think ahead - make sure to mention the artist, composer, movie or whatever useful information you can provide. Links to the actual thing are, of course, preferred.

-The Host of Seraphim (by Dead Can Dance - also heard at the end of the movie 'The Mist'
-Fur Alina (by Avro Pärt - turn up the volume. slow and delicate music)
-Dle Yaman (Traditional Armenian music, sung by the wonderful Isabel Bayrakdarian)
-Siegfried's Death and Funeral March (by the famous Richard Wagner, from the opera Götterdämmerung (last of the four in the The Ring of the Nibelung cycle)
-Funeral March by Chopin (You'll recognise this one. Piano music.)
-In Pace (From the Motion Picture 'Hamlet', soundtrack composed by Patrick Doyle. The singer is the fabled Placido Domingo - lyrics can be found here.
-The Village: Noah visits (James Newton Howard, for the movie by M. Night Shyamalan)
-The Journey (by a quartet of hammered dulcimer players calling themselves The dulcigirls)
-Bumblebee Captured (By Steve Jablonsky)
-Vocalise (Soundtrack of The Ninth Gate by Wojchiech Kilar, with Sumi Jo)
-Miserere Mei, Deus (Gregorio Allegri - a classical motet.)
-Ascension (Short but beautiful track from Wojchiech Kilar's soundtrack for Bram Stoker's Dracula.)
-Gortoz a ran - J'attends (Sung by Denez Prigent & Lisa Gerrard in the Black Hawk Down soundtrack by Hans Zimmer. The language is Breton - the title translates as 'I am waiting'.)
-Who Wants to Live Forever (The all-famous song by Queen, as fetured in the first Highlander movie.)
-Ailein Duinn (Traditional Gaelic, as heard in the movie 'Rob Roy'. Warcraft players might recognise the tune also.)

EDIT: Not to forget, Adagio For Strings by Samuel Barber. You may know this one from 'Platoon' and 'The Elephant Man'.
Boy I can't believe I forgot that one.

That's it for now, I'm sure there are more good ones out there, so don't hesitate to share them!
...Effectively putting the 'cutie' in 'QT-Games'...!
Pippa
Eternal! Forum Guide! Caption Contest Winner!

Re: PC DEATH SOUNDTRACKS!

Unread postby NexusX » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:12 pm

That's a lot of death to go through, Pippa. Do I have to start killing off PC's to help justify the existance of so much death music? Are you trying to give me a hint that more PC's need to perish as you went to all this trouble? ;)
NexusX
Moderator/Infinitar

Note:: Moderator

Unread postby nightwing » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:57 pm

Forget Death sound tracks. We need music to play when our characters enter the room.

Picture it:

Corax enters the room, and in the background plays 'stayin' alive' by the Beegees.

He then breaks out in dance, of course.
nightwing
Ascended

Unread postby Pippa » Thu May 06, 2010 2:37 am

Months later, and everybody still seems alive and relatively well.

I came across this little gem from Loreena McKennitt, however, and thought I should share.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxDWGud8pDY&feature=related
Lyrics:
Click:
...Effectively putting the 'cutie' in 'QT-Games'...!
Pippa
Eternal! Forum Guide! Caption Contest Winner!

Return to Play-By-Post