Recruitment Announcements

We have an ongoing Cosmothea Play-by-Post playtest going and you are also welcome to start an adventure of your own!

Recruitment Announcements

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:43 pm

Looking for a game to play? This is where all new games will be announced. Announcement guide to follow.
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Re: Recruitment Announcements

Unread postby NexusX » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:35 pm

PBP Name: COSMOTHEA: Ascension OPEN RECRUITMENT
System: Cosmothea RPG ([COLOR="DarkRed"]Ultra rules-lite version[/COLOR] - If you can type, you already know half of the rules for this PbP)

Campaign: Cosmothea Universe
Starting Level: Immortal

Currently recruiting for the PbP game taking place in my very long-running Cosmothea Campaign Setting: Ascension (See Amalgam Forum and Character threads)

This PbP will be character and story-driven - very combat light, but should be loads of fun! Currently, the IC thread is being run on another site (where we started it) so we can meet more people who like to have fun!
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1136269 Check it out, and don't forget to stop by the Character Threads right here in the Amalgam!

UPDATE 1/13/09: Due to excellent response on this latest Cosmothea PbP, I'm going to be closing recruitment soon. I might at a later date allow another player to join. If you are curious, PM me and I'll see if I can squeeze you in.
NexusX
Moderator/Infinitar

Note:: Moderator

Unread postby NexusX » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:47 pm

PBP Name: COSMOTHEA: Project Valhalla CLOSED RECRUITMENT
System: Cosmothea RPG

Starting Level: 5th

We could probably use one or two more players. Things have slowed down with the transition from the WotC website to QT Games as players adjust and balance their schedules. This has been an exciting game so far, with our journey starting in the Udanax worlds of high science and now, crossing through a stargate in search of a missing recon team and any information we can gather on the lost crew and passengers of the space cruiser, Valhalla. Advanced technology meets magic in this romp across the galaxies and dimensions. Join in the fun!

This PbP requires access to the Secure Website, by committing to a Non Disclosure Form. For serious participants only. This is a playtest game and feedback is appreciated! For a taste of the game, check out the IC thread!!! If you are curious, PM or email me and let's roll!
NexusX
Moderator/Infinitar

Unread postby NexusX » Wed May 13, 2009 3:38 pm

PBP Name: Off The Cuff (Serious-minded Players Only)
System: Mostly Freeform/See OOC

Campaign: Cosmothea kitchen Sink (I'll be tossing in elements from Cosmothea on my posts from time to time, but it's definitely alternate reality, so anything goes. Take it where you want it. It's your game!

This is the most approachable PbP ever, I'm guessing. Or at least it's very easy and you don't even need characters. Post once or a thousand times. There are rules, but only a couple. Check it out and jump in, the water's fine!
NexusX
Moderator/Infinitar

Unread postby NexusX » Thu May 28, 2009 4:39 pm

PBP Name: Way Off The Cuff (Silly-minded Version)
System: Mostly Freeform/See OOC

I had too many players wanting to do a silly version. You don't need a character. You don't need a commitment. Just read the intro OOC and hop in!
NexusX
Moderator/Infinitar

Unread postby NexusX » Thu May 28, 2009 5:00 pm

PBP Name: Secrets of Cathor: World in Crisis (IC) OPEN RECRUITMENT

Starting Level: 3
Serious gamers ONLY (See Posting Schedule (HERE)
Create and post your character (HERE)

IC Thread
OOC Thread
Note: We will be folding some of the characters from the Director's Cut thread into this game, but you will start with individual stories until you meet up and form a party (assuming you want to do that).
River and Valens ... I'm looking at you, but I'll let you know when to slide over. Thanks!

This PbP requires access to the Secure Website, by committing to a Non Disclosure Form as it is considered a playtest game. The game is not completed - far from it, actually, but the website does have a bunch of rules on it and things are going along fine and we plug gaps when needed and as time permits. If you pick a career path that I don't have rules for yet, I'll get you a patch, but note that changes will come later. It's a playtest as I said. In time, the game will be more fleshed out, but so far, I think the players will agree, it's lookin' pretty good! Feedback is appreciated!

This PbP will focus on exploring aspects of Cathor rarely seen by mortal eyes. I'll give you the inside track to explore some of these unusual locales, a blend of fantasy and science fiction, but there will be plenty of doses of fantasy and lots of adventure. Join the fun!

If you are curious, post in the OOC thread. Thanks!
NexusX
Moderator/Infinitar

Unread postby NexusX » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:37 pm

PBP Name: The Lost Illuminarii: 30th Anniversary PbP Contest! CLOSED RECRUITMENT
System: Cosmothea RPG Ultra-lite rules version

Starting Level: 6 (approx. There really aren't levels in this ultra-lite version, but yeah, approx. 6)

This PbP focuses on an epic adventure that thrusts the characters into an important role in uncovering a mystery regarding the Lost Illuminari, Kyara. First-time characters will not apply to this contest, but will apply for the first regular Cosmothea PbP game you join, giving you a leg up on everyone else as a perk for your first time playing in the Cosmothea campaign setting.

See Dates and Official Rules HERE, and make sure you announce in the OOC that you would like to be a contestant.
Posting Schedule and requirements can be found (HERE)

Once the contest is over, everyone will vote for a winner, based on certain criteria (I'll announce it shortly) Those who win the most categories wins the prize (yep, I'll post that shortly as well).

This PbP does not require access to the Secure Website (which you can get by committing to a Non Disclosure Form as the Cosmothea RPG is under development for future publication). Although access to the rulebooks are not required, they would no doubt be helpful in broadening your knowledge of the campaign setting and some of the terms.

CLICK HERE for access to the Character Creation rules.
Create and post your character in the OOC (HERE)

If you want in, post in the OOC thread. Thanks!
NexusX
Moderator/Infinitar

Unread postby NexusX » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:18 pm

Gads, I don't have time to do a formal PbP Announcement, but as most of you know, we're recruiting for pretty much all of our games. Is that due to a lack of interest to be able to keep a full party? Well, I don't think so. I hope not anyway. I think it's a combination of 2 things: One ... we started up a couple PbP games, splitting one into 2 games and are reopening things for the Lost Illuminarii, of course, and the gods can always use a new player! Also, a few of our regulars have vanished due to life getting in the way - just plain working too many hours and finding their lives stretched thin (Hm .... sounds a bit like me, but I'm trying to ignore that, because these games are too much fun!)

So, if you're looking to try something new, just PM me, and I'll get you in a game. There's lots of choices here!
NexusX
Moderator/Infinitar

Unread postby NexusX » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:32 am

PBP Name: Far From Home CLOSED RECRUITMENT

Starting Level: 4 (this is a long-running PbP that is getting a new location and new name. We took a little break and now we're back. This is a perfect time to jump on board!)

This fantasy PbP follows adventurers out of place and in some cases off world, in a far flung adventure that is bound to find them crossing the realms facing great peril and high adventure!

We're looking for reliable, serious posters only for a good time!

This PbP requires access to the Secure Website (which you can get by committing to a Non Disclosure Form as the Cosmothea RPG is under development for future publication).

If you want in, we can only take 1 more as we've had a lot of interest in this one. Another PbP you might find exciting is the Secrets of Cathor PbP! That's been a lot of fun and will be again once we get another player or two for a new adventure! If you want in on the fun at Far From Home, please post your interest in the OOC thread HERE before we close the doors. Thanks!

IC THREAD
NexusX
Moderator/Infinitar

Seeking Interest in a FR: Spine of the World game

Unread postby Riverblade » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:12 am

Is there any interest in a 4E heroic tier game (players would start at 1st level) set in the north lands of Toril in the Forgotten Realms game setting?

(Think antithesis of the Dark Sun campaign, instead of Heat you would have cold)
Riverblade
Silver Adept

Next

Return to Play-By-Post