Recruitment Announcements

We have an ongoing Cosmothea Play-by-Post playtest going and you are also welcome to start an adventure of your own!

Re: Recruitment Announcements

Unread postby NexusX » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:59 pm

No Turning Back PbP
Looking for a very fun, stable, PlaybyPost game with a great group of gamers? You've come to the right place!
We can take 1-2 more players and then we're closing the doors
System: Cosmothea RPG (Fantasy genre for this PbP: Don't know how to play? We'll teach you!)
Minimum Posting: 2x per week (Serious inquiries only for this PbP*)

If you are interested in learning more about the Cosmothea Roleplaying Game, PM me or post your interest and let's talk!

IC thread HERE
OOC thread HERE

We will be starting the game shortly, in the Northwestern town of Izmar, in the Keldek Empire, one of the most technologically advanced empires in the Southern Kingdoms on Adara. Adventure on a world of floating islands, strange technological and magical marvels and more. Please post your interest and questions in the OOC thread. Thanks!
NexusX
Moderator/Infinitar

Note:: Moderator

Unread postby nightwing » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:19 pm

Hear ye, hear ye!

We, meaning I, have opened the doors to the recruitment of any able body that would like to begin a D&D 4E adventure starting in the Forgotten Realms North.

Be it known that my play by posts generally operate quite fast, so please be able to post at least once every two days, if not everyday. Multiple times a day is even allowed.

If ye are of said interest, please check and let yourself known on the folling forum viewtopic.php?f=38&t=302&start=30

Thank you and I will see you soon.
nightwing
Ascended

Unread postby NexusX » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:09 pm

Hi Folks,

This game's open to new players (in case ya didn't know!)

NexusX wrote:No Turning Back PbP
Looking for a very fun, stable, PlaybyPost game with a great group of gamers? You've come to the right place!
We can take 1-2 more players and then we're closing the doors
System: Cosmothea RPG (Fantasy genre for this PbP: Don't know how to play? We'll teach you!)
Minimum Posting: 2x per week (Serious inquiries only for this PbP*)

If you are interested in learning more about the Cosmothea Roleplaying Game, PM me or post your interest and let's talk!

IC thread HERE
OOC thread HERE

We will be starting the game shortly, in the Northwestern town of Izmar, in the Keldek Empire, one of the most technologically advanced empires in the Southern Kingdoms on Adara. Adventure on a world of floating islands, strange technological and magical marvels and more. Please post your interest and questions in the OOC thread. Thanks!
NexusX
Moderator/Infinitar

Unread postby NexusX » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:06 pm

Hi all,

With the big play I've been writing (almost done and starting rehearsals next week!) and with DragonCon coming up and preparations needed for that, as you know I've been too busy to restart the gods PBP games, but I'm hoping to get them up-n-running again following DragonCon in early September. We've got an exciting storyline just taking root, and interesting gods in action, so we don't want to let it fall by the wayside!

Any new players that want to join and can post regularly (at least 2x per week) are more than welcome to come aboard at that time! Just let me know! You can either run an existing Cosmothean god (fleshing the god out more and experiment with some mods to it) or make one of your own. PM me for details or email me. Thanks!
NexusX
Moderator/Infinitar

Unread postby NexusX » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:02 am

Hi all,

Ok, I've got the big play behind me, so right after the Thanksgiving celebration, I'll get back to revising the god rules for faster play, for our various god PbP games so that we can start again! At that time, I will reopen recruitment and we can continue on our epic god storyline with whoever wants to play. :D

Still Interested?
NexusX
Moderator/Infinitar

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:24 pm

PbP: No Turning Back
System: Cosmothea RPG (If you don't know how to play, no worries, I can teach you!)
Posting Frequency: Minimum 2x per week (Prefer more often during tense encounters, but I'm flexible. Serious inquiries only, please.)
Note: Cosmothea is a Work-in-Progress (or rather, we're doing a major revamp on this 4th edition of the game. As such, not everything will work flawlessly, but I'll bear that in mind as we play as well, and be reasonable. This version of the game is well on its way, but why not join us and become a playtester and/or Brainstormer, and have fun while you're at it!

We can take 1-2 more players and then we're closing the doors again.

IC thread HERE (for a taste check it out :D )
OOC thread HERE (Please post your interest in the OOC thread or PM me. Thanks)
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Unread postby NexusX » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:20 pm

Still looking for another player or two for our No Turning Back Game!

For an uber-lite rules PbP set in the Cosmothea Universe, click HERE to go to the OOC thread for more info and rules.
NexusX
Moderator/Infinitar

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:05 pm

Story Intro:
Click:

Looking for an easy-to-play, serious PbP? Looking for a good time? You've come to the right place!

System: Uber-Lite rules (Story and character-focused with a few rules. See link below)
Setting: Cosmothea (Never heard of it? Not a problem. Get ready for a wild ride!)
Genre: Blended (Fantasy, scifi and augments (superheroes))
No. of Players: Around 4-5 players
Posting Requirement: We'll play it by ear based on what everyone wants to do and can handle. Perhaps 2x per week as an average, more during intense moments maybe.
Note: Serious Inquiries only, please. This may be a lite game, but it's not silly. Our PbP games are known for being very stable and long-running.

If you want to play, please create a placeholder for your character in the OOC thread. Thanks!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Unread postby NexusX » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:50 pm

Hi all,

I'd like to start up a new PbP game in a few weeks. Something totally different than our No Turning Back PbP, either with the lite rules we used for Gate Runners or the full rules. Gate Runners had so much potential and we barely scratched the surface, not to mention were hamstrung by the lack of a party leader, so as the players got too busy to continue that one, I thought I'd dip into that storyline some other time.

That means that I'm open to storyline/genre suggestions. I can certainly make up something of my own or visit some story ideas I have already, but I thought I'd open it up and see if anyone is itching to play a certain theme or storyline type. If enough get behind it, I'll run it as my next one, assuming it would work within the Cosmothea U. framework. I'm not interested in running a game under a different setting, so bear that in mind, but yeah, we've got some room to play. I'm pretty open, but if I don't hear ideas soon, I'll set something up according to what appeals to me, since I won't have your input. While I'm open to doing another "mostly fantasy" PbP, I'd rather not, as Cosmothea has many genres, but I could do something that has fantasy in it. Secrets of Cathor was a very exciting storyline that would make an awesome PbP, but we stopped it when some of the players had job changes and couldn't find time to play any games.

Our Project Valhalla was another in the same boat, though it also suffered from not enough scifi rules. With the rules lite system, we wouldn't have much trouble handling it this time around, and it too was an exciting, and popular PbP. Still, as I said, I'm open. So, now's the time to speak up. Thanks!
NexusX
Moderator/Infinitar

Unread postby NexusX » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:25 pm

Hm ... we are definitely hurting on both the number of gamers that hang out at this site, and the number of brave gamers out there who have time to play.

If you haven't invited a gamer to the site in awhile, gang, please do so. While it's true that you will only have as much fun playing in one of our PbP games as you want to have, it's also true that you've had fun, so your friends probably would too!

As most of you know, we've run games for a long time over at WotC, but due to their extreme forum policies and less than stellar new gaming environment over there (at least last time you and I were there it was clunky and like little isolated islands on a sea of nothingness), so we're not keen on going back (and it also doesn't support our own site to do that either). Except for extreme policies, playing over there with tons of gamers went quite well back in the days of Gleemax. I've advertised at other sites, but haven't seen much traffic. People are very transient on the web so it's been tricky. I've even responded to gamers posting looking for a game, but they were so flighty that they didn't even respond to their own posts!

Don't let QT Games fall deeper into obscurity - let's make this a cool place to hang out again, like it was in the past (albeit on a small scale), and then let's grow and do some cool stuff here!
NexusX
Moderator/Infinitar

PreviousNext

Return to Play-By-Post