Recruitment Announcements

We have an ongoing Cosmothea Play-by-Post playtest going and you are also welcome to start an adventure of your own!

Re: Recruitment Announcements

Unread postby NexusX » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:23 pm

The reason I was suggesting continuing the one PbP was because I already had a player, but he just said he'd be up for starting a whole new PbP, if that's what everyone wanted to do. So, let me know if you want in and if you have a wish list on a storyline you've been itching to play, and I'll get things rolling!

Pippa, you up for something quick and easy? Mark? Anyone?
NexusX
Moderator/Infinitar

Note:: Moderator

Unread postby NexusX » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:57 pm

Oh, and please no pushing and shoving. A nice, neat line if you will. I know my PbP games are a lot of fun, but let's treat each other with respect, keep things friendly and all that. I can take more than one gamer on board after all! ;)
NexusX
Moderator/Infinitar

Unread postby Pippa » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:45 pm

The number of times I've said to myself I'm in need of an army of clones.
Of myself.

As you know, we were going to buy a house and as it turns out, before the end of the month we'll have the keys and we can start moving in. My most realistic guess is we'll be quite busy even for a wile after we have installed a form of internet there, and while I do fancy another PbP some time in the future I can't yet tell for sure how involved I can be if I would be so lucky... Right now I could get a paragraph in at least every other day, providing character creation goes quickly enough, but then you'll have to do without me for an unknown amount of time after this month is over...
...Effectively putting the 'cutie' in 'QT-Games'...!
Pippa
Eternal! Forum Guide! Caption Contest Winner!

Unread postby NexusX » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:50 pm

Hi Pippa,

Thanks for responding. It's become a ghost town around here lately. :(

I understand you are moving and will be quite busy. For some silly reason I was thinking you'd moved in already and were just settling in.

I have 2 PbP games I'm about to start here, if I can get the people, (and a 3rd, almost certainly) over at my other site, RPGDesignAlliance.org. But 2 of the 3 are going to be interactive story PbP games, so they are extremely fast to play, with no character sheets and enough rules that you can memorize them in minutes or less. Even so, it sounds like you will be much too busy for awhile.

I loved having you in our earlier PbP games. They were so much fun, but I know you are a Mom of 2 now and busy. That said, everyone needs breaks now and then, and this might be just the sort of thing to help keep your creative juices flowing and sanity in place (at least as much as it has ever been ;)). Anyway, let me know when you get freed up! Take care, Pippa! Also, let me know when I can send another Amazon care package your way. Thanks.
NexusX
Moderator/Infinitar

Unread postby Pippa » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:00 pm

My sanity got his by a small warhead two years ago and got scattered over a large area.

As for Amazon... The thought is appreciated, but I got a small stack of books staring down on me already. I hoarded some during a sale of sorts and now I'm stuck half-way in Mary Shelley's 'Frankenstein'. (Which I don't recommend so far. I don't need the story to be told second-hand through a character I don't care about writing letters to his sister, going through Frankenstein's family member's individual histories even before arriving to the actual creation of the monster, which hardly gets the attention it deserves. I wasn't ready to cope with these levels of angst and social drama and tedious, contemplative descriptions replacing the horror I expected. At times I felt like I was watching a boring TV-format with an unimaginative housewife target public.)

So yeah, busy busy busy, you said it. We'll see how it turns out.
Pippa

Unread postby NexusX » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:12 pm

Wow, I would have thought that would have been a good book. I thought it was considered a classic and much loved, but I never got around to reading it. Not a big horror fan. Hopefully it gets better! Or maybe it just wasn't what you were in the mood for. Sometimes when I see even a pretty good movie, but it wasn't what I was expecting, I have a much lower appreciation for it.

I saw the movie, starring Robert De Niro, and it was very well done, though not at all how I pictured Frankenstein or the Frankenstein franchise, but I guess they made a lot of changes since those early days and I grew up obviously well after the initial vision for it, any you even later still.

Here's a blurb I found on the book on Good Reads:
Frankenstein, an instant bestseller and an important ancestor of both the horror and science fiction genres, not only tells a terrifying story, but also raises profound, disturbing questions about the very nature of life and the place of humankind within the cosmos: What does it mean to be human? What responsibilities do we have to each other? How far can we go in tampering with Nature? In our age, filled with news of organ donation genetic engineering, and bio-terrorism, these questions are more relevant than ever.
NexusX
Moderator/Infinitar

Unread postby Pippa » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:43 am

True, the metaphysical/philosophical area has been covered pretty thoroughly so far, but it still gets drowned out by the drama.
Pippa

Unread postby nightwing » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:32 am

Lots of people didn't like the novel Dracula, because there are a lot of journal entries by the different characters to tell some of the story from their point of view.
nightwing
Ascended

Unread postby NexusX » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:03 pm

Likewise, the Screwtape Letters book was a very popular (C.S. Lewis) book in its day and became a successful play, but it's basically one elder demon writing letters to an apprentice demon. it's like 30 letters or something. So, no real action. Even so, I hope to read it one day.

As for Dracula, since it's horror, and aside from the movie, Alien, I'm not a big horror fan, I didn't read that either, but assumed it was good as well, since it helped spark such a rabid interest in all things vampire.
NexusX
Moderator/Infinitar

Unread postby NexusX » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:19 pm

I'm glad you guys are posting, but this really needs to return to be just an announcement thread for PbP games. We can move the discussion elsewhere, but we need this thread to return to its regularly scheduled programming. :D
NexusX
Moderator/Infinitar

PreviousNext

Return to Play-By-Post