Recruitment Announcements

We have an ongoing Cosmothea Play-by-Post playtest going and you are also welcome to start an adventure of your own!

Re: Recruitment Announcements

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:41 pm

I'm getting ready to run this game contest over at RPGDA. Available slots may fill quickly. Just letting you guys know you are welcome to join before it closes, if you want a fun, fast diversion. The most posts anyone will likely get in before the contest is over, is about 7, as it has a definite end.

PBP Name: Requite By Midnight
Prize: A prize will be awarded at the end for Best Poster ($10 gift card) See Winning in the OOC thread.
System: X12 by QT Games LLC (12 "Game Hours" Interactive Story Game. There aren't many rules. They can be found in the OOC thread)
GM: NexusX (My role is primarily as Host and prize distributor. I may make a few posts as well).
Difficulty: Easy (Diceless interactive story game)
Genre: Blended genre (anything goes)
Number of Players: 5 (+ myself; if anyone drops out, I will allow a new player to join, and I will only play through the Setup phase, after that, it’s just the 5, and no new members once the Confrontation rounds begin). It’s first-come, first-served. Once I have 5 players, recruitment is closed.
Starting Date: You can start posting questions and comments and begin creating the main character according to the rules right away in the OOC thread. As soon as I have 5 participants (not including myself), the game will begin and I’ll create an IC thread.

Theme: The Game starts at Noon, following the life of the main character in whatever situation and environment the players choose. Someone is going to pay, but who, is up to you! Rule number one is: Someone must die by midnight; it’s not a mandate, just a fact. It’s your job to make sure it happens, even if it means your character is the target! While the tone should be serious, the outcome need not be predictable. Revenge is a dangerous game, and you don’t always know who the victims are until it’s over, but the victim must be important to the story, even if it doesn’t seem like it at first.

There is only 1 PC, created by and shared by all the players. X12 has some interesting twists on the interactive story concept. Serious players only, please.

OOC Thread

IC Thread (Link will be provided when game starts)
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Unread postby NexusX » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:04 am

As I said earlier, I'll be starting up another PbP, likely this week, official Cosmothea U. Carmen's already made her character, a futuristic, skree Archaeologist. I'll be making a GM PC character to accompany her, some muscle likely, and we might bring in 1-2 more players. We'll see. Regardless, I'll be laying out the PbP this week and we'll get things rolling. Then, if anyone new wants to join after it starts (or before), that's fine too. It's a playtest, PbP for Cosmothea 5.0 as you probably already know, but should be lots of fun regardless. There's enough rules laid down for us to play this latest incarnation and we'll plug the holes till they are replaced with clean design for those areas unfinished, as needed. No big. Fun ahead. :D
NexusX
Moderator/Infinitar

Note:: Moderator

Unread postby NexusX » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:40 pm

One thing to note about the game/contest, Requite By Midnight, is that you are only talking a few posts if we run with a full party of 5, which is what I'm looking for.
There are exactly 23 Setup rounds (so that's just over 4 posts each). 5 Confrontation rounds (1 post is all you get) and 5 Climax rounds (again, 1 post each), so you are likely looking at 6-7 posts per player, and then the story is over and we'll vote on Best Poster! If 2 or 3 are tied for first, we'll have each of them write a short, alternate ending to the adventure, and vote on Best Poster, hand out the $10 gift card (I'll try to make it for either Amazon, Amazon UK or an RPGNow type site, and will take suggestions from the winner). So, who wants in? :D
NexusX
Moderator/Infinitar

Note:: Moderator

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:15 pm

If you want an insider's look into the lush, Cosmothea Universe, join us for a PbP!

Cheers and Merry Christmas!!!
Bob
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:07 am

We could seriously use another playtester for our PbP game. We are at a point in the story - still early on, that we could easily bring on board another player. I'd be more than happy to teach the system and we can ease you into the rules at your own pacing. I've started off other players before without their character sheets being finished and then we finish them as we go. I'm not a hard nose and I realize these rules are new to many, so this is no stress. We're telling a cool story here and if you want in on a cool, blended-genre story, don't worry about the rules, you'll get the hang of them in time, and meanwhile, you can have lots of fun with us! Contact me if interested or post here in the Secrets of Cathor 2 OOC thread. Thanks!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:23 pm

Hi all,

I started up a new, easy-pleasy PbP game HERE You are welcome to jump in, post a single time or a bunch (there are no character sheets, nor significant amount of rules - like I said, it's easy!) Why over at that forum? Just trying to share the love and make friends all over. Check it out!

I'm too busy to run another big PbP, but these story ones can be a blast and are very easy to slip into your schedule. They're also good practice for writers. Cheers!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:10 pm

Hi All,

We'll be launching off on a whole new adventure in February so if anyone's interested in adventuring in the Cosmoverse, let me know and we'll get you hooked up! This is a great jumping on point. Thanks!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:13 pm

Read an epic tale or live it! Secrets of Cathor—PlaybyPost! We have limited space left. Join or read the adventure! http://tinyurl.com/n9q9og6
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:52 pm

Xanadu
One day you wake up and discover that you have supposedly always been part of a gang fighting on the mean streets, but know too that something's not quite right. At certain times, memories return—or perhaps they're just dreams, as if you lived another life. But here you are and you need to make the best of it. It's a gritty street life of street mages, priest warriors and punks (and some monsters, aliens and abominations at times as well), but you hear it's possible to move up in the world if you play your cards right.

There are rumors of a place called Xanadu, deeper into the city, Past the dangerous Block 37—a paradise of sorts, and if that's not enough or not your thing, some say there's a way to escape the city and make it off-world, or so you hear. Some gangs are just out there to make the streets safe, some even call themselves superheroes, others mages and priests of a holy order taking back sanity and bringing justice. Whatever your faction and calling, it's time to turn things around or get outta Dodge!

The mood is roughly Blade Runner meets Escape From New York. Life is gritty, some areas have been condemned and people sneak in to explore them, but such areas are unsafe, home to the forgotten and abandoned, and the government unforgiving. They help at times, if things get bad enough on the streets, but there is a sickness going around and people need treatments to keep from going nuts. It isn't depressing—should be exciting, but it is city and dungeon based for the most part, not like an adventure over a world. It will be hard to leave the city as the only exits are well guarded. The entire city is inside a great wall, but who built it, and why? Mysteries abound!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The tech is higher than Blade Runner, in some areas, much high. The average Joe isn't rich, so getting a hold of quality gear takes time.

There's a reason for everything, but that reason isn't always immediately obvious. You have to collect some clues if you want to find out what's going on and do something about it.

We'll be starting up a new PbP shortly called Xanadu (Tentative name). As with most of what we do, it will be blended-genre (science fiction, fantasy, and another genre or two blended together, like most of the Cosmoverse Campaign Setting). We'll be featuring an adaptation of the latest Cosmothea 5.0 rules as that game is under construction (though all the heavy lifting is done).

This PbP is going to be gritty and off the beaten path, with lots of cool things happening in an interesting location from the Cosmoverse that is the backdrop for an upcoming novel and board game. It will start off pretty street level, dealing with gangs in this massive, unusual city, and then blossom from there as mysteries are uncovered.

You won't want to miss this one folks!

Posting Requirement: Minimum 2x per week (more frequently during heated exchanges (social and physical combat), to keep things moving at a decent pace. Posting only takes a few minutes once you learn the basics, and depending on how fancy you get with verbiage.

I'll be teaching the new Pre-Alpha Playtest rules, so no worries there, and we'll ease into it while the playtest rules are polished. It looks like it will be an amazing time.

More info over the course of this week. Limited seats for this cool adventure. PM or email me to snag a seat! Once I get the OOC in place, you can post there too. So far we have one player running a street mage. There's room for more of those and warriors, priest-warriors, shadow runners and others! Join a faction or make your own, just don't be left behind!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Gicker » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:02 pm

I'll be playing a humanus shaper with an affinity for technology as well. Character not done yet though.
QT-Games Cosmothea Campaigns
Secrets of Cathor: Cinder OOC Thread IC Thread 3

"Adam fell that men might be, and men are, that they might have joy", Book of Mormon 2 Nephi 2:25
Gicker
Mithril Adept

PreviousNext

Return to Play-By-Post