Secrets of Cathor (New OOC thread)

PbP roleplaying in Cosmothea's many worlds and dimensions. Only PbP games using the canon Cosmothea setting go here. Want to have fun finding out more about Cosmothea? Join a PbP!

Secrets of Cathor (New OOC thread)

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:08 am

The purpose of Secrets of Cathor is to have fun exploring the underbelly and other dark corners of Cathor, a vast ringworld (some of the locals know they are on a ringworld, but none of them know the deeper secrets). I'm more than happy to teach you the game and we can take our sweet time with that and focus more on the role part of roleplaying. These are enormous fun. Join us, won't you?

Prologue: The Storm with James, Sandromeisa and Ombra
Chapter 1: Baker's Dozen with James, Sandromeisa and Ombra
Chapter 1B: Baker's Dozen: New beginnings with Deioneus and Ombra
Chapter 2: The Sky is Falling with Cinder, Deioneus and Gramvandle
Next Adventure: Into the Rabbit's Hole

Want in? We can take two more and then we'll probably close the doors for a time. Post interest below. Thanks!
New IC Thread for The Sky is Falling HERE.
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Re: Secrets of Cathor OOC (New)

Unread postby Gicker » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:01 am

Hi guys, glad to be rejoining thew PbPs over here at QT Games.

Jon, nice to meet you, I'm Steve. I've been in and out here at QT Games for a number of years now. Really enjoying the Arcane Synthesis book, and it's renewed my interest in Cosmoethea and Bob's projects here.

I'm playing a human Nexus Disciple, named Cinder. You can see his character sheet here if you're so interested.

Looking forward to joining in on the fun.

Steve / Gicker
QT-Games Cosmothea Campaigns
Secrets of Cathor: Cinder OOC Thread IC Thread 3

"Adam fell that men might be, and men are, that they might have joy", Book of Mormon 2 Nephi 2:25
Gicker
Mithril Adept

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:37 am

Great to have you back on board, Steve!

Perfect time to be starting back up as I'm one post away from finishing off the last adventure - just a wrap up post and then we can move on. After that, I think I'll start a new IC thread for it.

I'm looking forward to cranking this PbP back up for the next leg of our adventure!

Jon, I'd love it if you would make a final post for our Baker's Dozen adventure. Thanks! We'll want to post at least once per week to keep things interesting (otherwise you start to forget what's happening, lose track of clues I give you as to the mysteries surrounding you, and well, we just lose too much momentum story-wise). Sound good?

Anyone else want to jump on board for an easy-going, easy to dive in Play-by-Post game? Don't know the rules? Doesn't matter. Post interest below. Thanks!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:54 am

Here's the new Character Sheet for this uber-lite PbP. [Subject to change, no big]

If you would like me to provide you with this preformatted version, I'd be happy to do so. Post interest below.

Don't understand something on this sheet? Understandable, but no worries. I'll be going over it with you. The rules are simple - this is mostly an interactive story of sorts. Loads of fun, but not very complicated, which works well for those who are busy like we are, and/or for playing online.

New PbP character sheet uber lite:

Uber-lite PbP Character Sheet
Name
Career Path:
Level:
Race:

VITALS:
Click:
TALENTS:
Click:
GEAR:
Click:
Destiny Deck PbP v.2.0:
Click:
Personal Growth*: 0
*Milestones at 4 & 8 (refreshes 5 Boon cards)

Quote:
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:39 am

Hi Steve,

I'll post on Wednesday first chance I get. Sorry for the delay. Looks like I'll be starting you up before Jon gets back, likely.

I'm going to be starting you off on an island on Cathor that sees a lot of transient activity with small towns along the coast struggling with outsiders and pirates, and looking to hire protection to enable their shipments to make it along their routes. So, whether Cinder will take anyone up on their offers or not, it seems likely he would be hit up for being a bodyguard, at least temporarily, for a shipment crossing the sea to a neighboring isle. That in mind, if there's any oceanic gear you happen to want, let me know and I'll give you a price, since the gear section is down during revamping.

Thanks for playing!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Gicker » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:25 pm

Sounds good. I'm ready to go whenever you have time :)

As for oceanic gear, not really sure what I might need. Any suggestions?

"Adam fell that men might be, and men are, that they might have joy", Book of Mormon 2 Nephi 2:25
Gicker
Mithril Adept

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:16 pm

No, just thought I'd mention it, in case you thought of something. Shark repellent? ;)

I'll post tonight. Cheers!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:43 pm

Jon, post away when you are ready and I'll move you the next step. Thanks!

So, we've got a new player. Yay Ariastes! Welcome aboard my friend. Gicker spread the word and you answered the call. Very cool! Thanks again, Gicker! Hm.. I never know when to say people's names. I usually only say their real name if they've used it in the forums like Steve has before. So, Ariastes, I'll let you decide that.

Okay, Ariastes, your character is well on its way, and we can start posting any time. I need to go over a bit of backstory with you first and then find the right place to drop you in. When I do that, I'll post an introductory post for you and then you can start posting at your leisure.

Steve just started a few posts ago. It's going to take several to join your story with Jon's, but you might be able to get into Steve's right away, depending on backstory. Let's discuss backstory next chance we get and get you in the game asap. Sound good? :)
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:36 pm

Hi guys, I've been tossing a lot at you in a short period of time, but please note that we are going to take the game and rules usage slow, so if there's something I haven't explained yet or you don't understand, please feel free to contact me or post here and I'll be happy to explain. We'll settle on a good balance between story and game mechanics as we roll along. I've made up other PbP uber-lite rules before. These are new, and include some Cosmothea 5.0 rules in places (which are still under construction), so I'll massage them as we go and our adventures will be easy-going. No worries!

When it seems safe and appropriate to do so, we’ll just jump over rules for parts of adventures without a lot of fuss, focusing on story, using the rules a bit more and more as we roll along where needed, but keeping things fast-paced, rather than doing skill checks for everything.

Even in the full-blown Cosmothea rules we don’t nickel and dime skill checks for things that are already part of a character's theme or that are things that are real easy. For example, if someone bought talents to be good in climbing, I’m not going to be asking for skill checks unless it’s an especially difficult climb, like during combat, or when the rope was greased! Sound good?
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Gicker » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:43 pm

Sounds great!

Gicker
Mithril Adept

Next

Return to Cosmothea RPG