Introduce Yourself!

Everything Else

Introduce Yourself!

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:17 am

Please use this thread to introduce yourself. We're a friendly community here so let's find out more about each other! What are your favorite books, movies, comics, games, etc.!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Unread postby JonBrenas » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:39 am

Hi,

I already did a little introduction to my person elsewhere but I don't care doing it again. My name is Jon Haël Brenas and I am currently doing my PHD in Grenoble, France. My subject deals with theoretical computer science. By the way, I am French but I also studied in Italy (Turin to be more precise) and I worked as a computer engineer in the Lawrence Berkeley Lab.

That said I am a huge fan of role playing games (what are the odds in this place! :D ) and I love reading. I usually read several books at a time because I don't like endings.

Apart from my work, the thing that takes the most of my time is hardball hockey. I will not bother you with a long explanation of what it is (even though it costs me not to) and just say that it is a sport that is not famous enough. I practice almost 4 days a week and I compete every week-end.

I think that's enough for today but if you have questions, I will try to answer them.
JonBrenas
Silver Adept

Unread postby Than » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:12 pm

My name is Jason. I am British and Swiss. I am skilled in art, programming and design. These days there seems to be so much fun stuff to do I wish I could be a kid again and get back all that free time, although kids have no money so maybe not.
Also know in other places as: Jason S, Commander Bo, Silverwolf. I am British and Swiss but working in the Czech Republic. I create Art and Software.
Than
Gold Adept

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:16 pm

Welcome Jon!
Welcome Jason!

It's good to see you two in the Insiders Forum! There will be a lot more activity here before long, but we still have about 30% of the surveys still out and I have just recently given passwords to many. Thanks for kicking things off here. :D
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Than » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:23 pm

Favourite stuff you asked, so here goes:

books: The many colored land by Julian May
Movies: The fifth element
Comics: Groo the wanderer
Games: Elite Dangerous, Strategy board games (most of them), Civilization, Pen and paper RPG games
Also know in other places as: Jason S, Commander Bo, Silverwolf. I am British and Swiss but working in the Czech Republic. I create Art and Software.
Than
Gold Adept

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:11 pm

A fellow Groo lover! I have a bunch of Groo comics. Love 'em!!! :D
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Flowswithdrek » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:33 pm

Hey guys,

I'm Allen and one of the Anthology authors. I'm from Northern Ireland. I played hockey for a time (the hard ball variety) though to me it was just hockey (is there another kind? :lol: )
Flowswithdrek
Gold Adept

Unread postby JDStirling » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:36 am

Hi all!

I'm Joseph D. Stirling, another of the Anthology authors. You can call me Joe, and I'm quite sure my folks named me because they just had a feeling I would grow up to be an incurable coffee addict. (Yeah, I just made a bad joke). I'm an American, from New York State, not the City, I grew up surrounded by trees and started hunting at a very young age. Not a city kind of guy at all, hehe. I currently find myself in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains in the town of Escondido in California.

I've got one published book, Beggars in the Streets of Time, available through Amazon. I also regularly drop short stories on my blog: JDSFiction.wordpress.com. Feel free to drop by and take a look, if you got the gumption. I have to say, I'm excited to be working with the other authors for both Anthologies, Arcane Synthesis and Divine Synthesis; and can't wait to share our great stories with everyone.

Feel free to ask any questions you wish, I'd be more than happy to answer any you have. :)
JDStirling

Note:: Cosmothea Fan, incurable Coffee Addict.

Unread postby Pippa » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:51 am

Hi guys, I'm Annemie Thijs. I'm a Belgian and a mommy of two.

Thank you for letting me in, Bob!

I'm a playtester and I made some of the artwork that's been featured in the Kickstarter videos and in the Member Area of this site. I'm currently in between jobs, wich I hope to change once both my kids will be a little older - so far they're quite the handful. I still draw and do some writing of my own for my enjoyment though, most of which ends up on DeviantArt where I hang out a lot:
http://battlefairies.deviantart.com/

Pleased to meet you all, everyone!
...Effectively putting the 'cutie' in 'QT-Games'...!
Pippa
Eternal! Forum Guide! Caption Contest Winner!

Unread postby Than » Sun May 18, 2014 10:48 pm

Between jobs, two kids is a job.
Than
Gold Adept

Next

Return to Kitchen Sink