The Shadow Reaper

This is all about our fiction. Help us make products that rock; products that you want to own!

Re: The Shadow Reaper

Unread postby Flowswithdrek » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:10 pm

Can't wait to read The Shadow Reaper, Bob. Hopefully the kickstarter will be behind you soon :D
Flowswithdrek
Gold Adept

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:05 pm

Thanks—that's good to hear! I hadn't responded as quickly as I might usually. It was nice to see a visitor around these parts and I didn't want to gobble up all the "recent postings"!

The book is still with the editor. I am going over some chapters that I've gotten back and have been doing some additional proofing, but so far, so good! And yes, I'm dying to get this Kickstarter behind me. Lots of projects piling up waiting on this one.

I hope things are going well on your end my friend!

Cheers!
Bob
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:24 pm

I'm told the editor's working on The Shadow Reaper today, so that's good. :)

As for me, I'll continue proofing the next set of 3 chapters tonight. Have a great day, all!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:13 am

Had some things demanding my attention, but they're behind me now. Currently proofing Chapter 9 and will then hand chapters 6-9 off to the editor. Thankfully, the editor agreed to this, so I don't have to push back the editing any further. As soon as I get through the last chapter, I will start making revisions per chapters I've gotten back. So far, so good, just wish it were going faster! Ah well, I'm pretty sure it's all going to be worth it!

Cheers,
Bob
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:03 am

I'm currently proofing Chapter 10 and am picking up speed. I'll still need to go behind the editor and review suggestions, fix typos, that sort of thing. Still, I can't wait to get this fun project behind me fast enough. I need to be jumping back on Cosmoverse World Tour. But I want the Reaper project to turn heads, so we're not rushing, despite my eagerness to keep pushing forward. We have so many projects in the works and waiting in the wings, but they'll have to wait a bit longer, I'm afraid. Novels do take time.

Have an amazing week, friends!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:05 pm

I've finished proofing the book, but have decided to go back over it once more to check a few little things here and there, such as making sure all military rank references are correct, checking spellings on names, etc. Should have all that done by the end of the week.

The book is in the hands of the editor, but I'm using a special copy of the book for these little checks and the editor is aware of my minor revisions. I'll implement them into the final version when I get the manuscript back from the editor. Then I'll make changes as needed, based on the editor's suggestions and get the final doc proofed by another and prep it for sending out (first to my wonderful Kickstarter backers who are getting it as a special freebie not part of the rewards, then I'll get it set up for Amazon and Drivethrufiction). They were only expecting a short story, not a full blown novel, so I'm sure they'll be pleased. Even did some illustrations for it! Love the cover as I'm sure you'll agree!

So, making progress, just not as fast as I'd like. One day maybe I'll get to do this sort of thing full-time so our products will come out much faster, but that's partially in your hands (spreading the word, posting reviews, actually buying the books, etc.) I think you're going to like The Shadow Reaper!!

Won't be long now. Cheers!
:) Bob
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:03 am

I have been crazy busy lately, which has slowed everything down. Day jobs really get in the way of being productive on other fronts, heh. Can't be helped though. I also had to take on a freelance art project. It's short term, but I needed the money (well, that's definitely true, but it was also for a very old friend, which meant giving them an insanely good deal on the painting), so I couldn't really turn it down.

Chapters 1-10 have been edited and revised. That leaves 4 chapters left. The editor may also revisit a couple of the early chapters to ensure everything's set for a strong release of this exciting project!

I've been ansy lately, wanting to get this book into your hands. I think it's my best work yet and it also reveals a decent chunk about the enormous Cosmoverse! I'll show off even more in my next book, a novella called, "Cosmoverse World Tour" which is Book 1 in a series.

After that though, I'm jumping to Echoes, the sequel to my novella, Voices, about a young boy coming to terms with his burgeoning mental powers. Fun stuff you won't want to miss!

After that? I'm tackling my Little Epics Roleplaying Game, inspired by my Cosmothea RPG. It uses the Destiny Engine I developed and I'll be tackling the Toonaria Campaign Setting for a bit, including releasing my first board game tentatively titled: Freeze Or Burn! It is one of over 2 dozen games I designed over the past 3 decades plus.

That's all for today. Cheers!!
Bob
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:55 pm

On the home stretch with The Shadow Reaper. Hoping to have it all finished up by Wednesday night (editing, revisions, everything). Then I'll be able to get it to the backers! After that, I can format it for Kindles, Nooks, etc. and put it on both Drivethrufiction.com (and sister sites) and Amazon, etc.!

Been a long haul, but I think you'll get a real kick out of that story. Loads of fun! I'm already chomping at the bit to write a sequel to it, but too many things are on my plate right now to worry about that, including the Little Epics RPG and Toonaria Campaign Setting, not to mention additional entries in the Cosmoverse product line. Fortunately, I like staying busy and am crazy about these projects, so you'll definitely be seeing more of them!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Flowswithdrek » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:01 am

Great news. Looking forward to Shadow Reaper. Can't wait to see how the other products turn out as well.
Flowswithdrek
Gold Adept

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:16 pm

Thanks, Allen!

Just putting on the final touches. I'm just starting my 3rd draft of a small section I'm rewriting. All the rest has been edited and revised, so it won't be long now. I was hoping it would be done by today, but I want it to be as good as I can get it, and the editor noted an area requiring my attention. I've already made changes to the rest of the manuscript.

I should have it done in the next couple days and then back to the editor and hopefully all wrapped up by the end of the weekend! As I told my editor, my goal was to have the manuscript in top form to send out links for before Thanksgiving. As the editor is my wife, I have an in, and I think I should be able to get it to the backers as planned.

The only thing that might hold it up now is that I'd like to have it made available to backers via Drivethrufiction.com, so they can leave reviews there if they want to. That might delay distribution by a week or two if setting it up in their store is delayed for some reason (I think they review a document before releasing it. I hope not, but they might.) Anyway, as I said, we're so close now!
Bob Whitely
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Fiction Projects