QT Games Audiobooks

This is all about our fiction. Help us make products that rock; products that you want to own!

QT Games Audiobooks

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:09 pm

I'm fairly certain that audiobooks will be a part of our product line down the road. I want to test the waters before I go hog wild, but as an experienced actor who also has a sister who is an even more experienced actress (I've done as much, if not more far more acting and directing than she has, but she has also been formally trained and been on TV shows, where as I'm just a natural. Ahem, heh, well, okay, I don't know about that! I'm pretty good. She's better. Together, I Hope to do an audiobook on either Voices or The Shadow Reaper! I'm tempted to do Voices first as it's shorter, so I figure it's a good test.

I'm excited about it and have the equipment I need to do it, and so does she. It's more a matter of finding the time, and that, my friends is the hard one. Way too busy right now, but when things start getting lined up right (those ducks of mine)—all lined up in a row, then I'll work it into the production schedule!

Do you read audiobooks? Do you like them? I grew up on them and love them. I also love voice acting, but one can't do everything. If I remain too busy, then I'll likely hire some other actors to tackle our audiobooks, at least some of them. Anyway, let me know if this sort of thing appeals to you. I still fondly remember listening to Stephen King's Thinner, as well as Ira Levin's This Perfect Day! (And many others, but those two stick out in my mind).

More on all this as it gets closer to becoming a reality, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on audiobooks.

Cheers!
Bob
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Re: QT Games Audiobooks

Unread postby Flowswithdrek » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:33 pm

Personally, I'm not overly fussed on them, I just prefer a book to hold and read. I can zone out pretty quickly just listening, even with a dramatization. However, after my own short story got released as an audio book I realised there was quite a bit more interest them than I would have thought. Of course, for those with reading difficulties, either through dyslexia or because of visual impairment, they can be invaluable.
Flowswithdrek
Gold Adept

Re: QT Games Audiobooks

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:30 pm

Hi Allen,

Thanks for your thoughts. I discovered earlier this year that there's a decent size audience waiting around for more and more audiobooks to be made. It's a good audience to tap, since so few books are being made into audiobooks. In my neck of the woods, I know many who love to listen to them, like on their way to work or on trips to California, instead of listening to music on those long road trips.

I fell in love with audiobooks as a kid and listened to Marvel Superheroes on tape and later Star Wars, then Stephen King and others. The acting was partly what drew me to them, and they had special FX, etc. Just as radio used to be like going to the movies - you'd quickly forget there was no picture if they were well done. And you would patch in the holes with your imagination. I couldn't get enough of them. I'm just glad they are still around.

With people trying to do a lot of multitasking, it just makes sense to tap that market, and since I have acting skills and many readers like to listen to a story's author read a tale, I think it might be a good fit for QT Games! I still love reading physical books, and lately, I'm getting a bit more into ebooks as well.
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Return to Fiction Projects