T-shirt Rewards: Let your voices be heard!

A forum devoted to our upcoming Kickstarter!

Re: T-shirt Rewards: Let your voices be heard!

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:55 pm

Flowswithdrek wrote:I agree these characters would look good on a T-shirt, coming to think of it, Bob, you are coming down with cool art, you need an online T-shirt shop :mrgreen:

Yeah, that would be very cool! I don't think it would be that hard to set up a simple store either. We'll need one eventually - when we start publishing regularly. Maybe down the road, once the Kickstarter is over and we see how easy/hard it worked out making T-shirts for the campaign. But I think initially at least, all of our shirts should have a solid blended-genre theme.
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:37 pm

I'm also open to other award types, if people aren't as keen on T-shirts. They are not cheap to produce (not the good ones) and I haven't had a lot of feedback on doing them. It would be less of a headache to save the T-shirts for another time and do a different reward if people aren't excited enough about T-shirts.

We may have hit a snag. I think whatever imagery would likely need to be pretty big to look really cool on a T-shirt. Many of the paintings I have had made are high res for printing, but not high enough for use on a T-shirt. So, I may need to commission new art, or combine smaller art with words to make 'em work well smaller on a T-shirt. We may need to make T-shirts a small Stretch Goal where I can commission maybe 3 big paintings or we can pursue T-shirts another time.

The logos I made for QT Games and Cosmothea are uber high res, but it slows down after that, it seems. If we have some nifty sayings that people like, that'd be fun! And it would be OK to do a small pic on the left breast and then words or logo. But if these aren't what people are looking for, we'll need to wait for a Stretch Goal or pursue a line of T-shirts later, I'm afraid.

Again, let your voices be heard!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Pippa » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:09 am

Would in-character quotes from cosmothea characters be suitable for T-shirts, I'm wondering.

We all know the 'I'm not a geek I'm a WIZARD' sort of thing... We could play with the classics and say something like, 'I WENT TO COSMOTHEA AND ALL I GOT WAS WINKED AT BY MYTHRAS'
...Effectively putting the 'cutie' in 'QT-Games'...!
Pippa
Eternal! Forum Guide! Caption Contest Winner!

Unread postby Flowswithdrek » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:18 pm

Pippa wrote:Would in-character quotes from cosmothea characters be suitable for T-shirts, I'm wondering.

We all know the 'I'm not a geek I'm a WIZARD' sort of thing... We could play with the classics and say something like, 'I WENT TO COSMOTHEA AND ALL I GOT WAS WINKED AT BY MYTHRAS'

Quotes would be good, but people would need to understand them. I don't know what a Mythras is?
Flowswithdrek
Gold Adept

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:25 pm

Yes, we will need to be careful, though hopefully in time, if we present ourselves well and get the word out, a lot of people will understand our shirts. So, at first, we will have to start with more easily recognizable elements.

Pippa was talking about the sun goddess, Mother of Paragons and chief proponent for peace, one of the most influential personalities in the Cosmoverse.
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:05 am

Ok, just to be real clear on this thread, we are no longer considering T-shirts for this Kickstarter, but we hope to provide a line of shirts later!!! That said, we do have a number of cool rewards we've set up for you and look forward to showing off the Kickstarter project in less than 2 months!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Previous

Return to Arcane Synthesis: A Blended-Genre Anthology (Kickstarter)