T-shirt Rewards: Let your voices be heard!

A forum devoted to our upcoming Kickstarter!

T-shirt Rewards: Let your voices be heard!

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:08 pm

I've got some ideas that I'll share with you soon, regarding possible T-shirt ideas (I actually am simultaneously tackling several areas of the Kickstarter at once right now, so I thought I'd throw this in front of you in case you have some ideas you've always wanted to see on a shirt, because frankly I only have a few so far, and am still checking prices. I'd like to toss mine on a shirt comp before showing them off, but let me know your thoughts too. Thanks!

Even though I don't have time to toss up mine yet, I thought I'd better post this before I forget about it for too long while tackling the stack of work on my desk so you can have some time to mull over it as well. After all, who doesn't want a great shirt with a cool saying or pic on it? You can never have enough of those!

Obviously since it's for Arcane Synthesis and I'm an upbeat kind of guy, the saying and/or pic needs to be either a)inspirational - a positive message, funny, or directly relevant to blended-genre concepts, Cosmothea in particular. Make sense? Ideas? And no, not just from Pippa! (though I appreciate it, Pippa - I'm trying to open this up to everyone that's been coming here every day and not posting, and to a few that post occasionally. Anyone? Thanks in advance all! :D
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Re: T-shirt Rewards: Let your voices be heard!

Unread postby Pippa » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:41 am

I think if you mention Dwarven Space Marines, you're gold.
...Effectively putting the 'cutie' in 'QT-Games'...!
Pippa
Eternal! Forum Guide! Caption Contest Winner!

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:37 pm

We think alike! Actually, I have several different kinds of shirts in mind (some with pictures, some with various kinds of sayings), but of course we can't do piles of shirts, maybe only 1-3, so next chance I get, I'll post more and hope to hear more ideas from everyone as well. Maybe once we have them all up, we can polish and narrow it down, then vote on the best ones! Thanks, Pippa. What do you think about something like one of these? (They'd need refinement, of course):
What do…
cowboys and zombies,
dwarven space marines,
and magic-powered hover bikes
have in common?
The Cosmothea Universe!

Or...

What do…
living trains,
post apocalyptic superheroes
and ancient stargates
have in common?
The Cosmothea Universe!

Or...

What do…
magical skyships,
advanced technology
and superheroes
have in common?
The Cosmothea Universe!

Oh, I'm also brainstorming ones that use the word "Blended" or "Blend to taste" in a clever way.
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Pippa » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:42 am

It's long... Maybe try five words, tops?
...Effectively putting the 'cutie' in 'QT-Games'...!
Pippa
Eternal! Forum Guide! Caption Contest Winner!

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:02 pm

Thanks for the input, Pippa. I was thinking they might be a tad longish. But they are fun to read. :D

Even so, we can use them for inspiration along with some other ones (I am still fleshing out) that I set aside to write these. Of course to stay within a brief sentence length, you are talking uber short messages like, "Dwarven Space Marines — what's not to love?" which is 7 words. Now you see why I haven't posted much on this topic. Short is hard!

One idea I had was:
"Cosmothea: The Perfect Blend" (maybe with some image displaying three people of different genre looks)

Another was:
the Cosmothea Logo
(over what looks like a recipe card with ingredients on it - stuff like you see in my above post)
Below that in bigger letters:
Blend to taste!

Because it has a recipe card (or just the recipe format, they'd expect more and smaller words in that part that you would read when you are close only, but the rest is quite simple and from a distance you would clearly read Cosmothea: Blend to Taste!

Another shirt might simply have the QT Games logo on it, which I think just might be one of the hottest logos in the game industry currently (and it looks even cooler how I've animated it and put it to music in the Kickstarter video I'm making).

I also have some images in mind that wouldn't have any words and possibly an image with a very short sentence related to the image. Still more brainstorming is needed however. As I might have mentioned already, we can also take the absolute best ones and put them up on the Kickstarter for people to vote which ones get made into shirts. That way it's more interactive. :D

But first we need to get those great shirt concepts down! It would be a little easier if I had some really cool single or two color images to do. All the artwork I have right now is full color (which is fine, but black and white drawings sometimes look hot on shirts). We're here to do an anthology, not t-shirts, so we won't obsess over all this, of course.
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Flowswithdrek » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:52 am

Well Blend to Taste brings to mind the image of a blender. How about a blender with the Cosmothea logo on the front and then some vertical word strings vanishing into the blender, underneath is a cup that reads Blend to Taste, or just a Blend to Taste logo above or below the blender. The word strings could be the different genres of RPG. Doesn't have to be a blender, perhaps some cogs or blades... Just thinking out loud.
Flowswithdrek
Gold Adept

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:06 pm

That's actually pretty cool, Allen. I'll have to think more on that. I like the blender concept and all. :D
I'll do up a sketch so we can consider it more easily, giving visuals to each of the ideas we're considering, and see which ones ought to go the next round of discussions. Ultimately, what I will do, is put up pictures for shirts with whatever designs everyone seems to like the most, and we can then run a poll.

Still looking into t-shirt pricing and such, so it will be helpful to know if we can only do 1 shirt, or 2-3. There are many ways we can go with it all, so I'll be taking my time to sort out everything, but the more ideas we have, the better! Thanks for your input, Allen!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:10 pm

Another idea is a coffee cup where you can see the cream and coffee swirling, blending together and write in the cup - Blend to taste. With the Cosmothea logo in an arc above it. Or even some genres like steam rising out of it like you said.
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby ThanosRex » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:39 pm

I would love a T-shirt with one of those characters on it that is on your home page. I especially like the magic-using character and the superhero. Maybe you could do a T-shirt with just a character or scene on it?

I also like that blender idea too, or the cup of coffee and maybe a creamer can with different genres written on the side of it or something.
ThanosRex

Unread postby Flowswithdrek » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:05 pm

ThanosRex wrote:I would love a T-shirt with one of those characters on it that is on your home page. I especially like the magic-using character and the superhero. Maybe you could do a T-shirt with just a character or scene on it?

I agree these characters would look good on a T-shirt, coming to think of it, Bob, you are coming down with cool art, you need an online T-shirt shop :mrgreen:
Flowswithdrek
Gold Adept

Next

Return to Arcane Synthesis: A Blended-Genre Anthology (Kickstarter)