Progress Reports on Arcane Synthesis

A forum devoted to our upcoming Kickstarter!

Re: Progress Reports on Arcane Synthesis

Unread postby warp9 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:51 am

It is good to see that you are still making progress with your Cosmoverse! :D
warp9
Gold Adept

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:48 pm

Thanks, my friend. it's been a lot of work, but a lot of fun too!

I'm dying to move forward with the setting in a big way, but I need more fans first, hence the fiction about the Cosmoverse. Hopefully that'll pan out well.

Thanks for stopping by. Take care!!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Unread postby Ragnarok » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:14 pm

Can't wait to read Cosmoverse World Tour, Bob. It says #0. Is there a reason you are starting there instead of 1?

I'm looking toward reading Dead by Dawn too. It was a really cool idea. Well it still is. :mrgreen:
Ragnarok

Unread postby warp9 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:49 pm

Bob Whitely wrote:Thanks, my friend. it's been a lot of work, but a lot of fun too!

Seeing the dedication you put into your projects is always inspirational. Hopefully some of that will rub off---I have my own projects, but they seem to have a way of ending up on the shelf.

Bob Whitely wrote:I'm dying to move forward with the setting in a big way, but I need more fans first, hence the fiction about the Cosmoverse. Hopefully that'll pan out well.

I'm sure that things will come together as you continue to move forward. And, I think that having the fiction helps advance the setting as well (it would be useful even if you didn't need any more fans).
warp9
Gold Adept

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:07 pm

Thanks for the encouragement, Rob, and I sure hope you keep moving forward with your own stuff. You are sharp and creative—chasing a dream helps keep life interesting. :)

I'm afraid ultimately I won't get very far with my setting, rpg or fiction if I don't start getting a serious fan base. It would sure help if my book was on Amazon, but I've promised the backers of the Kickstarter that I would focus on getting the last of their rewards done, rather than worry about Amazon quite yet. But my finances are pitiful and so I would need to rely on Kickstarter. I got lucky with my last one, thanks to very generous family and friends (and some new friends!), but in the long run, yeah, a decent-sized fan base will be needed.

I'm hoping the fiction will get me there. It ties into so many things that I'm working on. Heck, it even overlaps with my board and card games and some of my cartooning work (wouldn't mind doing some children's books down the road—I've already written a couple of them and have outlines for several others— wouldn't mind doing some of those adult coloring books even, all themed to either the Cosmoverse or the flipside of the setting: Toonaria, which is mentioned in Arcane Synthesis. But there's only so much time in the day, so I'm being very picky on what I spend my time on.

I already know I can only release a small fraction of what I've already designed, but I'm hoping to publish that much at least and that people will get a kick out of it. Arcane Synthesis just scrapes the surface of what I want to do, but it's a fun, important first step!

Have an awesome week my friend!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby warp9 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:41 pm

Bob Whitely wrote:I'm hoping the fiction will get me there. It ties into so many things that I'm working on.

I think that is a good direction to go in, and, as you say above, it sets the stage for a whole bunch of other stuff.

BTW Happy Thanksgiving!
warp9
Gold Adept

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:52 pm

Thanks, Rob! Have an awesome rest of the week my friend!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:37 pm

Well, QT Games ground to a halt for 2 weeks as I rushed across the states to spend time with my father, who has at least 3 types of cancer, Stage 4. They say he's untreatable. He has also started to become confused. It is a sad time in my family and extended family. As for our remaining Kickstarter rewards, they've ground to a halt during this time, but I am back to work starting tomorrow and will jump back on them.

Definitely doesn't feel remotely like Christmas in my family, but we are keeping our eyes on the real reason for the season and appreciate what is going well. Every day's a gift. Never give up!

Take care all, and at risk of not being pc enough: Merry Christmas!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:14 pm

I think I'm on the home stretch with the writing chores on The Shadow Hunter novella. Hoping to finish the "final" draft by Sunday night or early next week at the latest. That said, there's going to be a delay in the editing process and that's where you find out just how much rewriting is needed. No one's read it yet but me, so there's that, but I think it's pretty solid.

My editor, Joan, is starting a new teaching job at the university next week and will need some time to get into the groove there/get into a routine, before she can edit The Shadow Hunter.

If I have to wait for her, I'll switch to another story for a bit. Cheers!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:43 pm

Someone offered to do a review of Arcane Synthesis over the weekend, so I just sent off a trade paperback. We are definitely hurting for reviews. I've been so busy or I would have contacted lots of reviewers, but most reviewers I know of usually say they are swamped with piles of books and some don't even review small press.

So, if you've got a regular blog reviewing books, I'd love to get together with you and see more reviews for Arcane Synthesis. Let me know. Thanks!

And for those of you who have already read Arcane Synthesis, if you liked it, please do me a favor and review it! And if you have ideas on how we can improve and get more high quality goodies out there, let me know. Thanks!

We'll need a good amount of word of mouth about what we've been up and what you think of it, if we're to see even a handful of the piles of creative projects (fiction, rpg books, setting books, board and card games) we have lined up and in the works to see the light of day, since finances are tight.

Once the Kickstarter is behind me, I will put Arcane Synthesis on Amazon right away. That will help, but there's much you and I can do before then. Thanks for your support! Have an amazing week, all!
Bob Whitely
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Arcane Synthesis: A Blended-Genre Anthology (Kickstarter)