Progress Reports on Arcane Synthesis

A forum devoted to our upcoming Kickstarter!

Re: Progress Reports on Arcane Synthesis

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:07 pm

Glad to hear you are still drawing, Pippa! I hope you find just the right creative outlet for you! Obviously the little ones must come first, but I imagine as they spend more and more time in school and extracurricular activities, it will continue to free up time. Enjoy being a Mom—it's an uber important, valuable service! I would never trade away being a Dad. What a blessing it is! That doesn't mean I don't need some "me" time—we all need a break and an outlet for our creativity or other interests, but despite the headaches that inevitably come with being a parent at some point, it's all worth it!

As for Arcane Synthesis, we've got 7 stories down (and in final editing or ready to be put into the book) and only 1 left to go for the anthology. I've still got 2 other stories I need to do separately as part of the rewards, and have started on both. Currently, I'm making some pretty maps for the book and am getting ready to lay things out in InDesign. Still tons left to do, but we're gettin' there! Yay!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Unread postby warp9 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:37 pm

Good to hear that everything is going well with you Pippa.

And I'm also glad to see that the Arcane Synthesis stuff is coming along. Good luck with those maps Bob! Hopefully we'll get to see some of them around here (I'm a big fan of maps).
warp9
Gold Adept

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:52 pm

Thanks for thinking of us, Rob!

Here's a link to the latest update, which does have a pic of one of the maps. And here's the nearly finished map itself. I was dying to do it in color, but the book is b&w, so ...
Hurlan-map-QTgames.com.jpg
Hurlan-map-QTgames.com.jpg (313.21 KiB) Viewed 2545 times

Working on the other maps now (actually, some stories might not have a map, but an illustration).
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Flowswithdrek » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:36 pm

The map looks great! Some things look as good in b&w as they do in colour. Years ago I photocopied a colour game map so the players could write on it rather than damage the original. I still think the photocopy was better than the original, it just looked better in b&w.
Flowswithdrek
Gold Adept

Unread postby Pippa » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:20 pm

As far as maps go, this is a real beauty. I like the header too.
Well done!
...Effectively putting the 'cutie' in 'QT-Games'...!
Pippa
Eternal! Forum Guide! Caption Contest Winner!

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:22 pm

Thanks, Allen! Thanks, Pippa!

I've since finished one more map (for Ed Greenwood's story) showing the lay of the land and the baronies in his story. Not much detail on where people live though. Just an overview of the region. I'll show it in my next update. I also finished a small city scene for one of my stories that didn't need a map. I'll draw an orynii and his scriff shell companion for Robert Duran's story and maybe even a mech for Lee Hammock's tale. Lots to do still ... but it's an exciting time. :D
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Pippa » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:32 am

I bet!

I'm still ûber-thrilled that you managed to hook Ed Greenwood btw, me being a bit of a fan. He's still a man whose sleeve I'd like to pull at some point or other...
...Effectively putting the 'cutie' in 'QT-Games'...!
Pippa
Eternal! Forum Guide! Caption Contest Winner!

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:43 pm

Yes, I'm very excited too, and to have the others on board as well, of course. I was trying to stick mainly within the gaming community of fiction writers and feel we have a fun, diverse batch of stories. Ed's very kind, though terribly busy. I hope you'll be able to yack with him at some point, Pippa. Sounds fun. Keep writing and drawing my friend!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Ragnarok » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:37 pm

Hey - nice map! Can't wait to read this thing.

I've been reading your Secrets of Cathor PbP from time to time. You guys are on a wild adventure. Very cool.
Ragnarok

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:47 am

Hi all!

Merry Christmas!!!
Well ,we're making great progress on Arcane Synthesis! Joan is proofreading the entire manuscript as I write the front matter and paint the back cover of the book (Just finished actually, though I had to stay up late and dip into Christmas day a bit to pull it off. Now it's time to get some sleep!

I'll take Christmas day off, but then I'll be right back to bending the time continuum finishing the layout of the book and when Joan's done, finish incorporating anything from her proofread that I might have missed! Yep, gettin' uber close to releasing the ebook and then moving on to preparing for the trade paperback, hardcover and Exclusive Kickstarter hardcover! Then it's back to finishing up a few straggling rewards and we'll be all done and ready to move on to our next book! Yay! G'nite!
Bob Whitely
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Arcane Synthesis: A Blended-Genre Anthology (Kickstarter)