Divine Synthesis Stretch Goal

A forum devoted to our upcoming Kickstarter!

Divine Synthesis Stretch Goal

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:21 pm

If we can reach this Stretch Goal, it would be an awesome thing as we've gathered a solid team of very talented new and experienced authors including...

Ed Greenwood
Steven Schend
Darrin Drader
Joseph Stirling
Bob Whitely
Ken Wilson

These authors are excited and ready to roll with tales focusing on the cataclysmic GodStorm and the struggle of both mortals and gods to stay alive as the very universe begins collapsing around them. It's all part of the grand history of the Cosmoverse. Let's make sure to reach this Stretch Goal folks. I have no doubt it'll be worth the Stretch!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Re: Divine Synthesis Stretch Goal

Unread postby Ragnarok » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:42 pm

Wow. Definitely looks like a Stretch Goal worth reaching. Would love to hear about the stories for that one. Guess it's too early to tell, huh?

I hope you put out some setting books, Bob. Cosmothea sounds awesome from what I've seen while poking around. If the RPG is nearly as cool as the setting sounds, I'd love to check that out one day! Why don't you hold an Open Beta when you get the RPG done, so I can try it out! 8-)
Ragnarok

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:32 pm

Thanks, Ragnarok!

News: The Kickstarter is doing well! That said, we'll need to be vigilant to see this thing through all the way to the amazing Divine Synthesis Stretch Goal. Let us not become complacent, but tell our family and friends and see about making this happen!

You know. I was very excited about this project to begin with and then to have Steven Schend, Darrin Drader and even the legendary Ed Greenwood come on board... well I was doing a happy dance, I'll admit it! And now one of my oldest friends and players has come to back the very project with his character in it (and I haven't even talked to him in years, nor revealed any of the stories to the public! What can I say, I'm stoked!

See, one of the stories I have slotted for Divine Synthesis is about a once-mortal paragon named Argon the Hunter, who was a long-time member of the legendary Legion of Good, followers of Mithra, the sun goddess of peace. Argon and the entire Legion of Good eventually went on to become gods themselves, with Mithra's blessing. One day, Argon abruptly left the Legion of Good and set out on a grand hunt and hasn't been seen since. I'll be telling of that tale and Argon is my old friend's PC! We live in different states and have been out of touch for years, so this comes as a big, exciting surprise!

Argon was a PC in one of our earliest adventures in the Cosmoverse way back in 79 - early 80's. I used to spend Summers in Virginia and we would play during the Summer. When he moved away, I would sometimes fly out for a visit and we would pick up where we left off and run off on another adventure. I think we only played once after Argon became a god as it was getting too hard to meet up. As things happen in life, you lose track of people, jobs and locations change, etc. but I kept running his character as a GM's PC with the Legion of Good whenever they went on adventures, interacted with other gods and when the gods went to war. Over the years, I wrote down some of the stories about their adventures and as game time passed, I wrote new adventures to tell what they did when we weren't playing them. We had a blast with the Legion of Good and I missed my old friend, my first big fan of Cosmothea!

Anyway, what a timely return of an old friend. How cool is that!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Pippa » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:46 am

I remember Argon. Will Theryn be in it?

(Also, does your friend know his character has the name of a noble gas?)
...Effectively putting the 'cutie' in 'QT-Games'...!
Pippa
Eternal! Forum Guide! Caption Contest Winner!

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:29 am

Actually, the gas was named after the character. Gods live for a long time after all, but even if that wasn't the case, who's going to argue with a god? ;)

As for Theryn, that would be telling! We'll just have to reach that Stretch Goal so we can see!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Pippa » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:36 am

If he's in it, make sure he uses that super-duper weapon we gave him. We never got a chance to trigger it's Sweet Trick.
Pippa

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:29 pm

Hi Pippa!

I'll do my best in that regard. :D If you recall, back when we were playing that group, Argon had vanished. My Divine Synthesis story will delve into why and what happened to him, as well as delve into Mithra, the new Legion of Good - those who went searching for the Hunter. It's not all carved in stone yet and my focus is currently on other stories and the Kickstarter itself. And it is likely where Theryn is concerned, that I may not write him quite the same way you would. My interpretation and slight reshaping to suit my vision for the Cosmoverse, will likely be a different than how you would handle him.

Just as every writer that sits down to write a Batman comic touches on the heart of what's gone before and then shapes the character to some degree in their own image - not ignoring what's gone before, but putting a bit of themselves and their new ideas into the character and story and such, I'm sure that'll happen here too. I'll try to do him and you justice. :D
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Pippa » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:44 pm

Aw Bob but he's yours to begin with. I understand completely and would have done the same if I were in your position.
Pippa

Return to Arcane Synthesis: A Blended-Genre Anthology (Kickstarter)