Post-Kickstarter Arcane Synthesis Updates

Arcane Synthesis is the focus of this Forum. Blended-genre stories revealing more about the vast Cosmoverse, it's secrets, important personaes and events!

Post-Kickstarter Arcane Synthesis Updates

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:15 am

This Thread is information-only. Please don't post here. I'll copy all Kickstarter updates here (We still need to make updates because not everyone is an Insider. That said, you'll always get the news first, here!)
You can discuss Arcane Synthesis, including individual stories in the Insiders General Discussion section.
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Re: Post-Kickstarter Arcane Synthesis Updates

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:52 pm

As promised, you guys always get first peeks, even over the rest of the backers. Just one of the perks of being an Insider! Well, the cover paintings are done. Woot! Yay! Yippie! Here they are! (Just click on the pic to see it in its entirety). First the original painting...
Cover-Final_small.jpg
Cover-Final_small.jpg (205.3 KiB) Viewed 283 times

...and lastly, the alternate, Kickstarter Exclusive painting!
Cover-Alternate-small.jpg
Cover-Alternate-small.jpg (200.13 KiB) Viewed 283 times
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Flowswithdrek » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:34 pm

Those pics are really sweet!
Flowswithdrek
Gold Adept

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:33 pm

Yes they do! I'll put the cover together again, make any changes needed to the logo, etc. and post 'em here as well at some point!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sat May 24, 2014 1:35 pm

Working on another draft of my short story, Voices! So far so good. :)

Also just finished editing another author's short story for Arcane Synthesis. Yep, I'd say we are moving forward. :)
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Steven E Schend » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:45 am

Great paintings/covers!
Steven E Schend

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:14 pm

Hi All,

Just a mini update. I'm working hard on my second story, The Train Less Traveled. I'm very excited about it, but needed to do some restructuring on the outline as it was too complex, quickly becoming a novella! The outline was closer to something for a novel - with some really crazy cool things happening, but too complex for a short story, so I'm still revising it and have lots more writing to do. It's under review so we may be changing directions. I want to bring you an incredible story and if I hack this thing up too much, it will be far less than it could be. If anything, it needs to be expanded to tell it right. We'll see. I'll touch base later.

I had to set it aside though to help 2 other authors with their stories. I don't like making them wait, so I always stop what I'm doing when they need more reference material, brainstorming or editing so ensure their stories are set firmly within the Cosmoverse. Just because I designed and have lived with the Cosmoverse for 35 years doesn't mean they know every inch of it. The place is big with lots going on! So, I'm happy to stop and work with them. They've all got some great stories going. We just need to get them all finished and in the book so we can get the book into your hands!

That's it for today. Have a great week, all!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:55 pm

Quicky update as I'm slammed and there's not a ton to tell. We're working out tails off on Arcane Synthesis. Several stories done and several more in various stages of completion. Everything's looking good so far, but it's taking us much longer to finish the stories than originally projected. One set back was that we lost an author who became too busy to finish and so we had to cut ties and move on. Another author is struggling to finish his story and so we're going to be cutting this one close, folks, but we'll do our best. We've since brought in a new author to replace the earlier one, but he's having to play catch up since it's late in the game. I think he (Darrin Drader) will do a bang up job!

One of my stories, The Train Less Traveled, proved to be destined for some amazing things to happen in it, but there was no way to tell the tale right in short story form. I'd have to cut it down to size and doing so would only have considerably weakened what is quickly becoming my favorite story in a very long time! It will be finished and released separately as a stand alone product, but I've just started on another tale about the characters and cool train featured in the story. So, same story name, different adventure - way different adventure, and 22 years into that train's future. Terribly excited for both stories. You're going to love all these stories I'm betting and we've got loads more to tell. Just need time and money and we're golden. Cheers!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:01 pm

As most of you know, I've been making semi regular updates in another thread in the main Announcements Forums. This thread used to be in the Cosmothea Insider's Forum, which I merged with the QT Games Forums. Not sure if I'll keep it or not, but here's the latest . . .

Work continues on Cosmoverse World Tour #0, one of the last remaining rewards of the campaign. I am around 75% done with the first draft and the artwork is around 95% done. Much more to do, of course (we don't just write one draft, but several, to ensure quality). Then the whole thing will then be edited by Joan and then back to me for changes, back to Joan, and then hopefully we'll be at a point to hand it off to a proofreader.

It's a fun book. One I'm very excited about and look forward to writing more in the series down the road.

I have made a big decision regarding Voices, one of the stories I wrote in Arcane Synthesis. After much consideration, I decided to push back my novel: The Living Train and Divine Synthesis and begin writing the last part of the Voices story so that those who are chomping at the bit for the rest (pretty much everyone I've talked with so far), won't have to wait as long to read it. Of course, that's after finishing the rewards. Sound good?

I am always open to feedback and want to improve both our products and how we do business, so feel free to comment here or even in the Book section on the main website where there is a small forum that does not require logging into this forum (easy pleasy!)

That's all for now. Have a great day, all!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Return to Arcane Synthesis Anthology