The Stories

Arcane Synthesis is the focus of this Forum. Blended-genre stories revealing more about the vast Cosmoverse, it's secrets, important personaes and events!

The Stories

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:09 pm

We just had an author turn in their first solid draft of their story for Arcane Synthesis! First one so far and we are beginning the editing phase. There will be a few editing phases to ensure that all stories are not only fantastic, but also firmly set within the Cosmoverse Campaign Setting!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Re: The Stories

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed May 14, 2014 7:51 pm

Hi all,

Been a little while, so I thought I'd touch base on progress. We have 1 story less than a week away from completion of its second draft, and first drafts were submitted this week for two other stories. I'm reviewing them now! The other five stories should be in over the next couple weeks for review so they can start on their second drafts! Exciting times!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:45 am

Still plugging away. Editing takes quite awhile (checking both grammar and setting compatibility) and of course the writing takes quite awhile (they don't just write one or two drafts after all!)

Some of the authors have had some setbacks (very busy with day jobs, for example). And so we still have some first drafts due in so they can be edited, and revised. I set aside my draft of Voices to edit and haven't finished editing, so it will be awhile before I can get back to my own stories. Really liking the way the stories are turning out, though!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:01 pm

Quicky update:
Just starting my third draft of the new story for The Train Less Traveled. I'm happy with the previous drafts (of which I've made a zillion changes), but the story still needs a good amount of work and trimming. It's funny to think how many fun scenes never make it into these stories, due to having to be cut out to limit length. Anyway, it's turning out to be a really fun story. Just need to beat it into submission and then polish it up some more. My goal is to have this story ready for final editing by the end of Sept. I believe this is very doable, though it will also be uber time-consuming. If, however, I need to help other authors with their work, edit a submission, etc. or put out anymore fires, then that will get pushed back until I'm done with them. But I'm hoping only 8 days are needed as I have many other things to take care of for the campaign.

I've also been working on a map for this latest story. Because the train goes all over the place and sometimes there are timing issues, I have to measure and make sure everything can work in the timeframes I've been giving. I hope to put these maps I've been making into the book, however as the book is not in color (since we didn't hit that Stretch Goal), I may have to put them in b&w—if I think they will look alright that way, or think of something else - make it downloadable in color, or something. Not sure yet.
Bob Whitely
Admin

Return to Arcane Synthesis Anthology