The Destiny Engine

Awhile back, I started moving only up-to-date 5.0 threads here. Some early 5.0 threads are no longer relevant due to changes to improve the game. This game is on hold while we review it and work on Epic Destinies.

The Destiny Engine

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed May 11, 2016 1:02 pm

The Cosmothea Blended-Genre Roleplaying Game is powered by The Destiny Engine, a suite of tracking and resolution mechanics including the Threshold System, Destiny Deck and Destiny Pool. Together with our two custom 2d10 and 1d20 options, you can choose your own destiny!

During the course of an adventure, you can swap between resolution systems as desired. Don't let fate decide for you! Randomization still exists, but you control the range!

Don’t let fate decide for you!

__________________________________________________________________________________
I'll discuss how the Destiny Engine works in more detail down the road. We're using it in our PbP playtest game currently. Once we've polished it and move forward with our RPG game product line, the Destiny Deck will be made available as both a print and play download and tangible decks will be made available (possibly on drivethrucards.com.) The Destiny Engine will be included in our RPG as well, of course.

©2015 QT Games LLC. All rights reserved. The Destiny Engine, Threshold System, Destiny Deck and Destiny Pool are trademarks of QT Games LLC.
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Re: The Destiny Engine

Unread postby Flowswithdrek » Fri May 13, 2016 2:54 pm

The Destiny Engine is such a cool name! :D
Flowswithdrek
Gold Adept

Re: The Destiny Engine

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Fri May 13, 2016 3:35 pm

Thanks, Allen. That's why I wrote the legal bit below it. I was slow at mentioning it for a long time because I didn't want someone to try and take the name. We've already got the Fate RPG, but Destiny is a much better word as it is more empowering. I really think Cosmothea 5.0 has a lot of potential and the Destiny Engine isn't the only exciting part of it—not by a long shot.

Sadly, it takes a lot of time and more than a little cash to get a big rpg off the ground. I've thought of numerous ways to lower the expenses, divide up the material and I have a number of products that I can make at a smaller price point, like my upcoming Orynii art and setting book, but even that is going to cost a chunk of change. Everything about rpgs that want to both function well and look really good is expensive and while I have lots of ideas on how to lower costs for individual products, affording to do the entire RPG is no small matter. Lord willing, I'll be able to start turning heads before long and get a serious, growing fan base. I'm working hard to turn that around and think it will happen. It's just not happening as fast as I'd like.

Thanks for stopping by my friend. It's great to hear from you, and glad you like the name! I'm betting the rest of the Destiny Engine is at least as exciting. :D

Cheers!
Bob
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Return to Cosmothea RPG 5.0