For Gamers Who Want More

This Forum is exclusively for QT Games' projects. We've designed 2 rpgs, 2 settings, and over 2 dozen board and card games as well as a few rules-lite variants. Time to start moving forward with some of them! This is the place to find out more about them, and tell us what you think, make suggestions, etc.!

For Gamers Who Want More

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:15 pm

Welcome to the QT Games Forum!

What is QT Games? Visit our website for more info: http://qtgames.com/

We've currently got 3 Play-by-Post games running, each taking place in the Cosmothea Campaign Setting and based on the Cosmothea RPG rules. We're playtesting and developing the game while having a blast.

We realize this is a challenging industry to break into, which is why we are taking our time, researching, developing and playtesting our hearts out in order to make something cool that we can all be proud of. We're not going to sit here and tell you that the Cosmothea RPG is the best thing since sliced bread, but we will tell you that we are working our tails off and draw upon many years of game design experience. We recognize even this is not enough, and that there are many very talented gamers and game designers out there. Your input could help us make a great product. Our goal is to produce high quality products you can enjoy using for years to come.

We'd love to hear your feedback and value your time. Are you an artist, writer or game designer? Contact us if you are interested in being on the Design Team, and we'll talk! There's much more going on here than meets the eye. Thanks for visiting! Why not have a look around, and then join in on the fun?! :D

Bob Whitely
President of QT Games
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Re: For Gamers Who Want More

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:59 pm

Contests ...

You know, I think we need to hold a contest of some sort soon. That is something that I have always planned to be a part of the QT Games presence on the web, as well as the forums, of course. My only concern is that if one of you wins that lives so far away that you're almost off the planet, it might cost me my firstborn just to send you a prize! We'll do some smaller contests (like trivia and different things (first poster to hit 200 legitimate posts or something, scavenger hunt type - find something hidden in the 3 PbP's, etc. for lesser prizes that are online, like Brownie Points, special Avatars and titles! Still thinking about it. Suggestions are welcome!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:12 pm

I hope everyone enjoyed the contests! We'll hold some more after awhile, but right now, I'm back to updating the rules, answering PbP's and networking to meet new friends while searching for people with game design skills.

Ever worked on a homebrew, designed a city, feat, spell, magic item, dungeon,etc? You might very well have the skills we need! If you have lots of interest but no experience, there might still be a place for you. Contact me, and let's find out!

Nothing is carved in stone or sacred - I want this to be a great game that you all can get excited about and want to play for years to come, and then move on to producing other products as well. If something doesn't work, we'll try our best to flesh it out, fix it, repair it or replace it! Want to get involved? Join the Brainstormers, and let's build a better game!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:36 pm

Thankfully, we've nearly done completing our QT Games Design Team!

We've got a great bunch of writers, designers and artists, as well as an online coder and others who are helping to make the latest version of the Cosmothea RPG a wonderful game. Having recently lost a game designer and with a couple of the others moving, we're not quite on a roll yet.

Want to be a playtester?
Join one of our PbP games!

Want to brainstorm/contribute to the Cosmothea RPG?
There is a Brainstorm section HERE, and we'd love to hear your thoughts and comments! We have a very friendly forum. Dive in and we look forward to hanging out with you!

In a few weeks, I may put out another call to add 1 more game designer to the mix. There's still a lot of work to be done, but we are making progress, and things are looking up!

:D Bob
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby anderson » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:38 am

I read it. It's from 1979. means 33 year old. That means i was not even born.... :lol:
anderson

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:31 am

Yeah, I guess I'm gettin' up there in years, but I'm not slowing down. In fact, you could say I'm picking up speed, Anderson!

Oh, I fixed the brainstorming link in the previous post of mine (at one point, we used to be qt-games.com, but we finally were able to purchase the qtgames.com domain - that link was pointing to our old site, same location otherwise). Haven't used that brainstorming forum in awhile. That was for Cosmothea 4.0, but there's no reason it can't be used for our latest - Cosmothea 5.0. :D
Bob Whitely
Admin

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sat May 14, 2016 1:44 am

Wow, this is a blast from the past! It's both delightful and sad to look upon again.

I see in a post above that it said we are nearly complete putting together our design team. That was for Cosmothea 4.0. It was an exciting time while it lasted. These are exciting times now, but I miss the team.

As many of you know if you've spent any time here, I'm now working on Cosmothea 5.0 by myself with no design team. After our budget tanked, I spent over a year just brainstorming on how to improve the game. A solid year and then some and it enabled me to put together an even stronger game! I'm still working on it, but am more excited than ever and now that we are starting to publish fiction based on the setting Cosmothea is based on, things are starting to pick up!

I do hope and intend to form a team again. Economic woes in America crushed our budget several years ago and we are still recovering. We are making great strides more recently, fortunately, and Cosmothea is better than ever. If and when we move forward with publishing Cosmothea 5.0, I will form a team for sure. If you are interested in learning more about the Cosmothea Blended-Genre Roleplaying Game or Cosmoverse Campaign Setting or one of our setting related fiction books, contact me at info @ qtgames.com or post below!

Cheers,
Bob
Bob Whitely
Admin

Return to Games and Worlds