Where have you been, Toonaria Campaign Setting?

A special place for everything Toonaria! As it is married to the Epic Destinies RPG, you will also find some goodies in that forum that include Toonarian concepts.

Where have you been, Toonaria Campaign Setting?

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:19 am

For decades now, there has been a secret universe under the hood of the Cosmoverse. Behind the mirror. A less serious, sister universe called Toonaria. Some of the events that unfold within the Cosmoverse have parallels within Toonaria, though they sometimes unfold differently. Toonaria is a less gritty universe filled with numerous critters.

Every rare once in awhile, a being from one universe finds themselves in another, always with alarming consequences. It has happened during some of our tabletop and PbP games (again, rarely). I've made references to it occasionally over the years and it is the backdrop for more than half of the games I've designed since my youth. It has also been featured on more than a few of my greeting card designs and doodles, none of which have made it to this site.

I've already written numerous stories about Toonaria- both short stories and a couple of children's books. Hopefully, I'll be able to bring them out into the opening one day. Funding, as always is a hurdle, but not insurmountable.

I have decided that Toonaria will be powered by a simplified version of Cosmothea called Epic Destinies. And when a board game is released, if it features a Toonarian storyline, then it will be powered by Epic Destinies.

The Cosmoverse will continue to be run using the Destiny Engine, part of the Cosmothea Blended-Genre RPG, though of course if someone really wanted to, they could run it with one of my lite rules (not sure if they're still online though), or with Epic Destinies, once it's ready. I have a product line planned around Toonaria and will reveal more about it in the days ahead, as deemed appropriate.

[Toonaria, Cosmothea and the Cosmoverse are trademarks of QT Games LLC. Various copyrights. All rights reserved. (The usual)]
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Re: Cosmothea Lite & the Toonaria Campaign Setting

Unread postby Ragnarok » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:18 pm

Not sure how I missed this. Pretty interesting stuff. I've always had a special place in my heart for critters, like in Pokemon. Any chance of us seeing some of them any time soon? I know, you're busy, but are you planning on putting out Epic Destinies anytime soon?
Ragnarok

Re: Cosmothea Lite & the Toonaria Campaign Setting

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:43 pm

Hi Ragnarok,

Yeah, I love the critters. Personal furry companions, helpers, pets and familiars are very common in the Cosmoverse and I would love to release Epic Destinies. Too busy with Cosmoverse fiction currently, but hopefully one day! [5/17 update: I'm working on it!]

I've written a few children's books that I'd love to polish up and get published, but there is only so much time in the day. I have board games based on both the Toonaria and Cosmoverse universes that I would like to publish as well. I won't stop till I get at least some of these wonderful goodies on the market. I'll get as many as possible while I can still draw breath. Truly none of us knows how long we have. Every day is indeed a gift!

Have a great weekend my friend!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Re: Where have you been, Toonaria Campaign Setting?

Unread postby Ragnarok » Mon May 22, 2017 4:44 pm

Oh, cool. I look forward to reading/playing it! How's the progress been going?

I know you are writing a couple books right now, but where does Epic Destinies or Toonaria setting books fit into your release schedule?
Ragnarok

Re: Where have you been, Toonaria Campaign Setting?

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed May 24, 2017 9:12 am

Ragnarok wrote:Oh, cool. I look forward to reading/playing it!

Thanks, Ragnarok! It is encouraging to hear people want to see it. I know it is difficult for many people to get themselves to join a small forum, much less stick with it and post. I know I've joined a few that I've eventually forgotten I even joined, despite them being good forums. Everyone's so busy. But that's nice of you to take the time. Based on my research and talking with folks, I'm convinced that what I'm putting together will appeal to many. But it's still hard to get noticed.

Ragnarok wrote:How's the progress been going?

I know you are writing a couple books right now, but where does Epic Destinies or Toonaria setting books fit into your release schedule?

I am working on both Epic Destinies and Toonaria just about every day, though not for a great length of time. They have to take a back seat to those 2 books I have in line. Once Sea of Worms and Echoes in the Storm are in stores, I'll put my full attention (minus my day job) on finishing my first products for Epic Destinies and Toonaria, including the first adventure and a board game that is tied to the setting. Follow my blog and these forums for more. Thanks for asking!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Return to Toonaria Campaign Setting