Destiny Deck Tracker

We have an ongoing Cosmothea Play-by-Post playtest going and you are also welcome to start an adventure of your own!

Re: Destiny Deck Tracker

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed May 11, 2016 2:57 pm

Sounds great. Thanks, Steve!!!

I'm going to go ahead and start up the next chapter of our PbP game and Jon can add in his 2nd character when it works out to do so. He and I need to get together on character creation since I don't have the playtest pdf out yet for him to refer to.

Btw, here's a link to a thread I started about The Destiny Engine (the Destiny Tracker is part of it). It doesn't say a lot there yet, but it does give the tone I'm going for - putting control in the players' hands. The Power Pool is one of the optional systems to use instead of the Destiny Tracker or along with it, swapping back and forth as desired, encounter to encounter (but not in between encounters).

Some players will prefer to use the Destiny Deck (Personally I love using cards and have been planning to make gear and other sorts of card decks for over a decade now—man do I need to get things rolling financially!) and others might want to use the Destiny Pool (which for the tabletop version will likely use colored stones) or one of our custom dice options (which have different info icon on each face than regular dice).

It would be cool if one day the whole Suite would sit side by side and then players can just use whichever they feel like. But that's down the road and no worries whatsoever. Don't do anything more than you feel like my friend! I really like the Destiny Deck. I'll talk about the Destiny Pool another time, in case you ever want to try it out with a character, if nothing else. It will be in the playtest pdf too. :D

Have a great rest of the week!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Unread postby Gicker » Wed May 11, 2016 3:08 pm

Sounds good. I think it's a strong system from what I've seen. As you've said many times, the challenge is getting it before people's eyes and getting them to try it, but I think you've got something good here.

Looking forward to the PbP going again, having fun with it.

Cheers,

Steve
QT-Games Cosmothea Campaigns
Secrets of Cathor: Cinder OOC Thread IC Thread 3

"Adam fell that men might be, and men are, that they might have joy", Book of Mormon 2 Nephi 2:25
Gicker
Mithril Adept

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Wed May 11, 2016 3:31 pm

Thanks for your thoughts and encouragement, Steve. It means a lot to me.

:D Bob
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Previous

Return to Play-By-Post