Toonaria Campaign Setting

A special place for everything Toonaria! As it is married to the Epic Destinies RPG, you will also find some goodies in that forum that include Toonarian concepts.

Re: Toonaria Campaign Setting

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:17 pm

Thanks, my friend! I've been enjoying writing them every week. I just wish more people were reading them and commenting. It is difficult to gain attention when there is so much out there. And you are right. There's a lot of drivel out there. Thankfully, there are also many talented folks, too. Like you, for example!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Re: Toonaria Campaign Setting

Unread postby Bob Whitely » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:39 am

Toonaria continues to be refined and expanded. I would have never guessed over thirty years ago that this light-hearted universe could hold so much depth and character. I am as excited about it as my other long-running and more explored setting -- the Cosmoverse.

Toonaria is a universe of extremes, from the mysterious Pink Syndrome to the sanity-bending Redd Syndrome, to the epic landscape, exotic creatures and powerful forces, some magical, others technological. And like the Cosmoverse, Toonaria poses potential for even a simple child to unlock ancient secrets and change the world in dynamic and sometimes deadly ways. Dotting the seven floating island chains are hidden caches of technology, for example, some of which were placed there as shining beacons pointing to the ancient Architects. Others are presumably forgotten weapons, strange and bizarre lab experiments, or tests meant to teach us lessons--sometimes painful ones.

You see, not all of the Architects have our best in mind, and the same can be said for the self-proclaimed gods of Toonaria. We are being constantly monitored, prodded, placed in mazes with carrots dangling in front of us to see how we'll respond. Toonaria is not just a world, however. In fact, it's not a world at all. I think I put up a map of the main adventuring areas somewhere. I'll have to put up another. But Toonaria has many dimensions and numerous layers of storyline and potential for some really epic adventures. I can't wait to share more of it with you in the days ahead.

Cheers!
Bob Whitely
Admin

Note:: Lord of Toonaria, Guardian of the Cosmoverse

Previous

Return to Toonaria Campaign Setting